Nightmaster?

wildfowler.250

I have the NM800 with a white, red and I.R. pill. I use it with my Yukon photon with the I.R. pill and cannot fault it. I use it with the red pil on my .17HMR and again its excellent. Im sure someone will come on and give you some advice on cheaper torches. As for the x searcher I have not tried that. hope this helps.

hello, just bought the new TR 38 with better red pil from ludicrous lumins £30, coupled with a 2X lens doubler should do well out 200 yards, . takes one or 2 18650s complete set up £50 ish, you can also buy an extra head lens 38mm to 75mm. my 2 X doubler fits neatly in the 38 head gave up on filter lamps

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

The X Searcher does have the edge on the 800 owing to it's bigger head. However, it's expensive, and, depending on how much you want to spend, I would look at getting a T50 or T67 with the 'AS' led's. These are very powerful compared to the standard led's that are sold. The 'ir led on the NM800/X Searcher is supposed to be the best though. I have one, but have not compared it to an 'ir' led on my other torches.

Has anyone had trouble with the white pill in the nm? Mine is faulty, it seems to have a large shadow in the middle of the beam, the lense is clean. When you focus the beam tight the normal square of light seems more horseshoe shaped, with a dark shadow in the middle. I assume it's the led pill breaking down. Has anyone else had this?

I'm sorry, I might be a lone voice on this but, the NM torches are the most overrated torches out there. If I were you I would buy a TR50 from ludicrous lumens and put the remaining money toward other shooting equipment.

Let's look at the NM 'less than plus points' shall we?

• Price - you are joking right?

• Pill - an absolute pain to change - and expensive

• Head - a ridiculous amount of slop when focused means you'll be forever adjusting the elevation if you mount it on a rifle.

• Modes - back it out three turns to access the multi-modes. You're kidding right? Make it MORE sloppy?

• X Searcher? Don't even bother, so heavy the slop is magnified.

• Pressure switch - way too pricey!

And the 'actual' plus points

• It has the best lens. That's it. That's the plus. But, it's really not that much better.

Well, that's just what I think.

Edited by mick miller

Has anyone had trouble with the white pill in the nm? Mine is faulty, it seems to have a large shadow in the middle of the beam, the lense is clean. When you focus the beam tight the normal square of light seems more horseshoe shaped, with a dark shadow in the middle. I assume it's the led pill breaking down. Has anyone else had this?

No, that is the LED. There is a dark spot on the centre of some of the older LEDs, for instance the new AS IR LED no longer has this 'spot', the old ones used to, so you would have to slightly defocus the beam.

\

I think so. I did the same with the X searcher many moons ago (pun intended). I have a TR torch, never liked the T series very much, and I have to say, it's fantastic value. I have a 38mm and 67mm lens with the new AS pill. It's everything you want without all the terrible flaws. Yes, there is a little slop but not as much and for what it cost and the interchangeability of the lenses it's very much bearable.

I think so. I did the same with the X searcher many moons ago (pun intended). I have a TR torch, never liked the T series very much, and I have to say, it's fantastic value. I have a 38mm and 67mm lens with the new AS pill. It's everything you want without all the terrible flaws. Yes, there is a little slop but not as much and for what it cost and the interchangeability of the lenses it's very much bearable.

hi do you know the difference between the t /tr versions apart from R lol

Ps I also have 2 xsearcher's yes I like them but you can never have too many torches

hi do you know the difference between the t /tr versions apart from R lol

Ps I also have 2 xsearcher's yes I like them but you can never have too many torches

The obvious differences are the battery tube - regular size on the TR and the heads or lenses - interchangeable easily on the TR and without the heavy knurled ring and the holes that create spill around the lens.

The comments on the Nightmaster batteries, well, they're li-ion. Buy a Panasonic and they last just as long for half the price. They are supposed to last a long time though. The Nightmasters are just a regular Chinese made torch with an almighty mark up.

I'm sorry, I might be a lone voice on this but, the NM torches are the most overrated torches out there. If I were you I would buy a TR50 from ludicrous lumens and put the remaining money toward other shooting equipment.

Price - you are joking right?

Pill - an absolute pain to change - and expensive

Head - a ridiculous amount of slop when focused means you'll be forever adjusting the elevation if you mount it on a rifle.

Modes - back it out three turns to access the multi-modes. You're kidding right? Make it MORE sloppy?

X Searcher? Don't even bother, so heavy the slop is magnified.

Pressure switch - way too pricey!

It has the best lens. That's it. That's the plus. But, it's really not that much better.

Huge +1.

i personally can see a big build quality difference in the nm800 compared to others .i could be wrong but i'm sure nige simpson in shepshed was starting to sell them with brightness control ?????? worth checking out as i found the nm to bright and a built in dimmer would make it a much better purchase.

• Price - you are joking right?

• Pill - an absolute pain to change - and expensive

• Head - a ridiculous amount of slop when focused means you'll be forever adjusting the elevation if you mount it on a rifle.

• Modes - back it out three turns to access the multi-modes. You're kidding right? Make it MORE sloppy?

• X Searcher? Don't even bother, so heavy the slop is magnified.

• Pressure switch - way too pricey!

• It has the best lens. That's it. That's the plus. But, it's really not that much better.

Simple fix for the slop, wrap some ptfe tape around the the thread of the head, did this with mine and its fine now ,even with the large lens.