BPS TEN BORE

muncher

Is there much options for factory 10g shells? I've been searching for some Remington nitro steel but can't seem to find anywhere that stocks them,(only John forsey but I'm in Scotland). Loathed to buying all the reloading gear for a couple of outings a year

Sorry to add on, just seems to be a lot more 10g enthusiasts on here than I first realised

There is very little choice in factory 10 loads. The gamebore rhino didn't stick around long, and I felt they were overpriced.

Loading your own needn't be expensive. RTO is an option.

I like my 10, but I use my 12s more on the marsh.

That's because your tight !!!

There is very little choice in factory 10 loads. The gamebore rhino didn't stick around long, and I felt they were overpriced.

Loading your own needn't be expensive. RTO is an option.

I like my 10, but I use my 12s more on the marsh.

I thought about them but they were 66g in lead. Truth be told 50g in lead is more than enough.

I used up most of my 10g shells on ducks whilst waiting for geese :lol:

Any recommendation on which chokes to try out in this? Got a few quid spare from sale of an airgun so going to buy a couple chokes to try out.

Will be shooting remmy sportsman 2s and gamebore rhino BBs through it

Briley im in .745 constriction is an option i rate these chokes in this constriction in the brownings, Get the plain extended not the ported. Chris potter guns probably your best bet if you cant turn up a used one.

GAEP i read have kicks high flyers for 60 sheets could be another option. zero experience with them but they work in the 12s ok.

Aftter that its import in my opinion, my recommendation is the terror in .720 for all round fowling and shot sizes.

There are others Indiaqn creeks etc But as with terrors its getting them.

I do rate the briley, i have had some good experience with the .745 briley, and its pretty easy to get one generaly. and about 45 50 quid mine was about 30 but a few years ago now. Chris potter guns. ATB tony.

• 1 month later...

So who bought a BPS and how have you found it?

I purchased one and so far so good. Throwing great patterns at ranges I dont shoot with gamebore rhino BBs and remmy sportsman 2s through the factory half choke...

I have had 13 kills off 17 shots on the shore so far

It seems to fit me just right, lovely gun to shoot and find 'pumping' it so easy

I have two now one which I picked up at the back end of last season and one of the new imports in Camo, which I am using with a briley modified choke,, I don't have any problems with mine and really love it,, though I do know a couple of guys who are having problems with the reach to the fore end to work the pump, seems they may have solved this by taking offthe but pad..

My opinion it's a straight shooting gun very workable and I have been doing well with it fitted with the brilley choke..... Though this is my own opinion....

Happy pumper

I have two now one which I picked up at the back end of last season and one of the new imports in Camo, which I am using with a briley modified choke,, I don't have any problems with mine and really love it,, though I do know a couple of guys who are having problems with the reach to the fore end to work the pump, seems they may have solved this by taking offthe but pad..

My opinion it's a straight shooting gun very workable and I have been doing well with it fitted with the brilley choke..... Though this is my own opinion....

Happy pumper

They are a long reach but you do get used to it .

will be interesting to see how they get on with some old rusty cases that have been resized a few times! even BPI say they can be fussy with reloaded ammo but ok with new cases . Time will tell so see what people think of them after a season on the salt

My ones never realy gave issues with cases, at the time i had them i mainly loaded type 5 Remingtons Grey plas Base wad type Bright green plastic tube type Hulls.

Ive just bought one from Davey and Son at Wycombe £720 very nice better than the wooden one I had a few years ago, hes got one or two left gets them direct from Browning.

Wykeham? Did you deal with Marcus? If your ever going there again PM me and you can use my name to barter a good deal!

• 1 month later...