High Seat

steve_b_wales

Why not drill holes in and put cotter pins in just to hold in place will you are putting it together

The ladder sections slot into each other, and it's difficult to line them up/slot them in when attempting it on my own. If I could get the sections to fold down on each other, concertina shape, it would be great.

You could but involves a fair bit of engineering as you have to have an overlap where you can put one or better still two bolts and wing nuts through. Easier to use one of those small self drilling screws just at the point where the two pieces meet once assembled so they register and you can then drill holes through for retaining pins, according to the diameter of the legs you might be able to find some large R clips at your local Agricultural/Farm supply shop for this job.

The hard part would a be a locking mechanism Steve.

Maybe if you are lucky you could get some locking hinges and get them welded in?

The Bushwear seat I used to have had these.

I think I'll just try and manage with it. It's only because of thieving scum who will pinch it, that I have to put it up/take it down everytime.