There Here

greenergp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw my first Pinks of the season heading eastwards over the Wolds this morning.

Still lots over the west but seems plenty going east saw 3 lots this morming about 500 in total heading east.

Got a report from a mate who was between finching field and great baredfield this morning he was parked roping a load on the lorry saw 200 pinks heading south, i asked him if he was sure they were pinks he said they were. :hmm:

Edited by TONY R

Blimey, everyone will be coming to Essex to shoot Pinks soon....

might well happen, half a million of them last year, they are going to have to start finding new wintering areas if the population continues to increase. They used to winter on the Severn when there was only 50,000 nationally

• 2 weeks later...

There are a good few getting shot here and there few are saying a lot at this stage esspecialy those on well used free shore over the border and club ground in England .

Everything i have seen seems to be heading east, not a lot being said from down there but must be going somewhere.

Lots of week or two week old reports will im guess show up in due course. :yes:;):innocent:

There are a good few getting shot here and there few are saying a lot at this stage esspecialy those on well used free shore over the border and club ground in England .

Everything i have seen seems to be heading east, not a lot being said from down there but must be going somewhere.

Lots of week or two week old reports will im guess show up in due course. :yes:;):innocent:

Came did not like the reception they got so headed back NW 😂😂

large skeins over this morning very high, guessing icelandic greylags, indigenous greys lifting their heads to watch and listen, another thread asked what makes a wildfowler tick, well the sight and sound of wild geese must be one of the most evocative things any countryman can hear, pure magic !

Good luck for the morning Tony

Good wind blowing and forecast for the morning which will be smack in there Faces so i to will be out as it would be Rude not to

Absolutly and hey im 20 bored up again ;):yes: Its getting kind of regular these days not had anything bigger out this season, i might try and go the whole season with it, but on the other hand i might not once it starts proper. :lol:

Daft greys and fat canadas are not so difficult to reach, not saying 20s are not capable but do think might have to pass on a few marginal shots, but HW18 starts to put a whole different slant on these things, at a price of course.

Im taking steel and COPPER tomorrow. not breaking out the big guns just yet.

Edited by TONY R

I don't think that was the sort of reception they were expecting Boyd :lol: , you should have sent them a bit further South as the town rely on visitors and know how to look after them in these times of need . :good:

I was a Good Man John they had 11 days of Peace and Reast but repaid me by starting to feed on New sprouting Cereal crops 😠 There is/will be plenty to go round I'm sure you are only a few days away from starting the Goose chase again 👍