British open

kingo15

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many on here shooting it this year?

Not had no practice really this year. Think it may be a wasted trip but it's paid for so I may as well go.

Why is it potentially a wasted trip, did you seriously expect to win it..? :oops:

Every outing to a major event such as this should be an opportunity to learn more, and try and analyse where you went wrong.

I'm looking forward to shooting it on the Saturday morning, Biddy always puts on a good layout.

Back in the 90's I did have illusions about winning it, in fact I tied for 1st place, there were 6 of us on 88 ex 100, it was a tough shoot, with over 1300 entries, but I lost a sudden death shoot off and had to settle for the Silver medal.. :sad1:

That was at Biddy's old High Lodge, (Henham Park), a super ground with real character, shame he had to vacate it..

Good luck, and stay positive.. :good:

Cat.

Why is it potentially a wasted trip, did you seriously expect to win it..? :oops:

Every outing to a major event such as this should be an opportunity to learn more, and try and analyse where you went wrong.

I'm looking forward to shooting it on the Saturday morning, Biddy always puts on a good layout.

Back in the 90's I did have illusions about winning it, in fact I tied for 1st place, there were 6 of us on 88 ex 100, it was a tough shoot, with over 1300 entries, but I lost a sudden death shoot off and had to settle for the Silver medal.. :sad1:

That was at Biddy's old High Lodge, (Henham Park), a super ground with real character, shame he had to vacate it..

Good luck, and stay positive.. :good:

Cat.

Always go out to win my class.

I'm sure I will have fun in the end. Just a bit disappointed I couldn't be more prepared

I will shoot it on Friday morning as part of Cheryl's campaign to get women shooting national competition. I was never that good at sporting but after a summer of messing about with every discipline under the sun I'll be lucky if I score 30. Still, a day shooting with chums, it will be fun.

I will be shooting it on Sat and looking forward to it in spite of the cataract on my dominant eye.I'm still very competetive even if my scores aren't. :/ Enjoy.. :yes: . from Auntie.

Get it sorted I have just had my dominant eye done for distance it's fantastic no pain or soreness at all just 4 weeks off shooting

Shooting it Saturday pm., get my excuses in now:- after about 30 years clay shooting thought it about time to have a gun fit. Found out that I have been mounting the gun incorrectly, my left eye is taking over and my stock is too high. So got to remember to get the stock in the shoulder pocket, keep my right elbow up and disregard the patch on the lens of my glasses! Apart from that I should be alright!

Get it sorted I have just had my dominant eye done for distance it's fantastic no pain or soreness at all just 4 weeks off shooting

They won't do it yet,apparently it's not bad enough.The fact that it is in centre of vision and means my left eye takes over is irrelavent to them.The eye doc also said if i paid to have it done when it isnt that thick it could regrow. from Auntie.

Im having it with a squad from Oaklodge Shooting Ground, not done a great deal of shooting this year but looking forward to having a go at it. English Sporting on Thursday afternoon and Sportrap on Friday before the journey home.

Best of luck to all who are shooting it :good:

Kingo and WillPoon carded decent scores i was a few behind them. Good layout but sadly some of the targets when we shot late in the day with sun were hard to see. The Sportrap Layouts were good with the odd tricky pair then the last layout took my pants down and spanked me :lol: and a few others on our squad.

Edited by figgy

They won't do it yet,apparently it's not bad enough.The fact that it is in centre of vision and means my left eye takes over is irrelavent to them.The eye doc also said if i paid to have it done when it isnt that thick it could regrow. from Auntie.

He is telling you porky pies the cataract grow's on the natural lens it won't grow on a plastic one

Had a great day there. 2 stands killed my card. Which was nothing to do with the targets just lack of concentration from me and being to clever. If I had shot them like I'd shot the others then I'd probably made the final today.

Had to be one of the easiest opens I have shot.

Manged to shoot a 96 which is my best to date.

Onwards and upwards

I did a 107 yesterday, I thought it was quite a "soft" layout, but a pretty good morale booster for the average shooter.

That 107 was good enough for me to qualify in the Vets, so i went back today for the 75 bird final, again, in my opinion, not a testing layout, (I shot the whole course with Skeet and Quarter choke), I did a 66, missed a few silly ones, but they soon mount up.

I was with last years winner, Steve Brightwell, a nice Guy and a very steady shot, his worse stand was a climbing close Teal, followed by a left to right crosser off the Tower, he dropped 3 there, I straighted it, he still finished on a 69.

Arnie Palmer was in the squad in front, he did a 70, but I predict some big scores to come oin when the AAA boys go round.

Cat.

I did a 107 yesterday, I thought it was quite a "soft" layout, but a pretty good morale booster for the average shooter.

Good shooting, well done.

I suspected it was "soft" as I enjoyed it so much and did so well in places. Does that mean if you go to a different Open it might be a lot harder and scores generally a bit lower?