bumping up the feeders

New keeper advice

So at the minute I have 8 ½ week old poults in three pens, two of the pens have a few pop holes open and the other has them all closed, I’m roughly walking in about 30 a day from the two pens with the pop holes opened. My question is when do I start putting other feeders around the estate and around the cover crops and drives that I would like them?

The only feeders I have on the estate at the minute with pellets are in the pens and one feeder outside each of the pens.

Cheers

Jamie

My advice would be if you have got other feeders get them out now whilst its dry and easy to get about dont fill them up with wheat yet just put a bit underneath other wise when the poults do get to them they will empty them onto the floor looking for pellet you will soon see when the poults are out to them and eating the wheat on the ground then start to half fill them then fill them when all are out and eating everything.

Ours are out, and full!

Best done whilst weather is dry, my birds are on pellet and a couple of handfuls of wheat in and immediately around pens, with the odd feeder of just wheat.

I find it best to try to keep the birds around the pen until 12 wk old

Then start showing them some wheat, by the time they get out to the covers they should be happy to eat wheat

Edited by Paul223