WEATHER FORECASTS ?? DO YOU CHECK BEFORE SHOOTING ?( pigeon in day )(r

Hello was looking to get out later tonight 6 ish til late with the L R rifle/pcp and n/v but just checking weather as above conflicting reports. SO DO ANY MEMBERS OF PW CHECK before not only same day but days in advance, i do not mind a light passing shower but it says heavy thunderstorms in the V O W H area, cheers for looking

The weather forecasts are a complete disgrace. The 7 week summer heatwave was reduced to 6 weeks then a lot less. the Spanish Plume heatwave lasted well short of the couple of predicted weeks. I pay little or no regard to them as they are invariably wrong.

A member on here posted about a Cornish weather stone - far more accurate.

Hello was looking to get out later tonight 6 ish til late with the L R rifle/pcp and n/v but just checking weather as above conflicting reports. SO DO ANY MEMBERS OF PW CHECK before not only same day but days in advance, i do not mind a light passing shower but it says heavy thunderstorms in the V O W H area, cheers for looking

thanks for replies so far, anyone use a Zambretti Forecaster ? going out anyway sod the weather, cheers

I use xc weather lot of fisher men in this part of north wales us it.

+1

It's quite good and the only times it gets it wrong here (Exmouth) as a rule is if a little rain is forecast - we don't get it as what didn't fall on Dartmoor did on Haldon. The weather observation facility is also handy as a cross check. If you know which way the weather/wind is coming from, you can see where it's at in that direction. But as said, 2 days is about the limit.

yr.no is a good site but I'll go anyway unless it's actually chucking it down.

Mate will ring me four days in advance and tell me he's not coming due to the forecast! I tell him

that if I let the weather forecast put me off if never earn a living. He sits inside his air conditioned car all day. 😊

thanks for replies so far, anyone use a Zambretti Forecaster ? going out anyway sod the weather, cheers

well after all that it never rained, and never took a shot, still was good to be out of a noisy town :rolleyes::lol:

well after all that it never rained, and never took a shot, still was good to be out of a noisy town :rolleyes::lol:

hello, thanks for all replies so far

Easy to set up a little ctest for these weather forcasts.

Lots of members from norfolk way on these boards probably more from down there than anywhere else.

so sandringham famous place in Norfolk here is the forcast for tomorrow saturday 27th of august at sandringham on my choice fishing weather and tides.

dry in the early morning sunny much of the day with light showers between 3o clock in the afternoon to 6 oclock in the evening and mostly cloudy at 9 pm.

www.fishingwx.com/detailed.ph

If everybody does the same we will have a decent idea whats the best forcast. ;)

We need a kind close to sandringham member to say which is the closest on accuracy.

Easy to set up a little ctest for these weather forcasts.

Lots of members from norfolk way on these boards probably more from down there than anywhere else.

so sandringham famous place in Norfolk here is the forcast for tomorrow saturday 27th of august at sandringham on my choice fishing weather and tides.

dry in the early morning sunny much of the day with light showers between 3o clock in the afternoon to 6 oclock in the evening and mostly cloudy at 9 pm.

www.fishingwx.com/detailed.ph

If everybody does the same we will have a decent idea whats the best forcast. ;)

We need a kind close to sandringham member to say which is the closest on accuracy.

hello, that would be interesting Tony R i hope someone in area lets us know,

I check Met Office app - fairly accurate these days - for wind and rain and dress accordingly. This is the UK where weather can change quite quickly and significantly but generally you don't get caught out if you pack/wear roughly the right clothing. Haven't been caught out for 5-10 yrs now. Only early season warm/hot weather an issue but then I dress so that I can remove a layer or two.