WEATHER FORECASTS ?? DO YOU CHECK BEFORE SHOOTING ?( pigeon in day )(r

I use the BBC weather but always scroll down to the map and then click across to see where the blocks of likely rain etc will form. Found that sometimes the report says rain, but checking the map I can see that it will actually pass by where I will be sitting in my high seat. Case in point , about 2 months ago, the general report was squally showers for my area, but on checking the map it looked like it might just slide by me and I set out. It was amazing to sit in full sun and watch this black cloud and sheet of rain drift by about a mile away. If you stalk, or shoot pigeons also gives good advise on wind direction/strength ..week last Saturday, reports of VERY high winds ..40mph plus and driving rain. Again looked at map and planned which stubble I would set up in and where. Backed up into a thick holly hedge and again watched torrential horizontal rain go by no more than 400yrds away for about 15 mins ...sun came out, wind dropped to about 20mph and felled a few pigeons which if I had looked at the general forecast I would have been sat at home.

• 2 weeks later...