525 ejector removal

Mr gen

Hi any one know how to remove the ejectors on a Browning 525?

out shooting today, broke gun to eject spent cartridge felt something brush my hand, after next shot top barrel didn't eject and I found the extractor missing.

After searching around in the grass I did find the extractor but the retaining pin had sheared off. I have found a replacement on Brownnells website £30. Browning part number 1334082 but having a quick look at the gun I have no idea how to remove the ejector plate the extractor sits and slides behind. I am hoping some of you knowledgeable fellows might have the answer.

Nice one Gordon I have found it the screw is only visible when the plate is slid all the way back towards the mouth of the chambers. I will get on and order the part now as I think this is a job even a ham fisted chump like me could deal with. just out of curiosity if this was you gun would you consider changing both extractors as they could both be in the same condition?

Oh and many thanks for the speedy help

It is rare for one to break - I think you have been unlucky. I would not replace the other unless it feels like there is excess play in it.

I have a spare handbook for Miroku MK10, MK38, MK60 and MK70 - which are mechanically identical to the B525. If it is any use to you - PM me your address. I don't want anything for it - postage will be on me.

Edited by Gordon R

Nice one Gordon I have found it the screw is only visible when the plate is slid all the way back towards the mouth of the chambers. I will get on and order the part now as I think this is a job even a ham fisted chump like me could deal with. just out of curiosity if this was you gun would you consider changing both extractors as they could both be in the same condition?

Oh and many thanks for the speedy help

I had exactly the same thing happen to me, but I always have my hand over the cartridges before they fly off so I caught them and the ejector,

I took it to my local smithy and he repaired it for £20 all in,

If you have a local trusted gunsmith pop in and ask him,

Oh and I only replaced the one and have had no bother since

:shaun:

thanks again Gordon and JJsdad sorry for the delay in replying it is our town carnival and I have been trying to drink my body weight in beer.

£20 sounds a cheap fix. I have enquired with a local gunsmith about repairing the extractor if he is as cheap I will get it done and keep it as a spare just in case