Project next week

la bala

Would you believe it, i am sitting here waiting for a third speed controller to be delivered. Hopefully the one coming today will do what it is supposed to do, I cant fault the suppliers one bit, they couldnt be more helpful. If all goes well i hope to turn these two pieces of 16mm mild steel bar into flat bit tongs.

Sorry this is on hold. Game dealer just rang me, offering £2 each for rabbits, must dash :lol:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put them in the vice ...weld one end......put in forge...orange heat....out of forge...welded end into vice ...twist 90deg'....drill pivot hole...bolt or rivet....grind weld....shape / swage handles

have you got a swage block ?

Not got much of anything any more Simon, Your way is the way i have always made tongs mate but i have seen a great tutorial, can i message you the link, this guy is magic.

• 2 weeks later...

Would you believe it, i am sitting here waiting for a third speed controller to be delivered. Hopefully the one coming today will do what it is supposed to do, I cant fault the suppliers one bit, they couldnt be more helpful. If all goes well i hope to turn these two pieces of 16mm mild steel bar into flat bit tongs.

Well at last got a speed controller that suits my forge. Today i turned the two pieces of 16mm square bar into a set of tongs.

Ok piece of 16mm bar in the fire, shape the nose of the tongs. Repeat the shape on the second bar, put the two together, drill and rivet, bingo set of tongs.

My intention was not to bore you with 1st heat, 2nd heat, drawing out and all that jargon, but if you are interested i can give you a good link.

post-52836-0-16244400-1480535701_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-58134300-1480535746_thumb.jpg

That Forge will be wore out before your lad gets his hands on it..

Ditchman stop encourageing men to work who have Retired.lol.

im helping him dammit..................he has got to start making pokers.........or shackles (sex toys in dungeons)....to pay for that bloody new landrover diff... :lol::lol: