trainers bedfordshire

mattyg1086

Are there any clubs or trainers in Bedfordshire that people recommend. My springer pup is 11 months old and want to some help as it's my first gundog. Am I too soon?

Too soon for what?

I hope for your sake that you have already instilled a bit of discipline into the dog.

Are you a moderator? No. I'm not sure what your problem is. I will write what I like. I was being constructive, anyway. Read my post again.

Hahahahahahaha.....

I didn't say I was a mod...

You're the only one that does like what you write...

I don't have a "problem" mate.

Your post as before, reads as rude and pointless...

The op was asking a question... very clear and simple question too...

I'll leave that there, sorry OP don't want to ruin your thread.

Can't see anything wrong with motty's post he asked the op a question before he needs all the facts before he can fully answer question,

As your reply states, have you answered the op

Colin

Hahahaha thanks Colin... my old mate......love ya too...

That'll set him off....lol.

Edited by bazzab

God knows where that came from motty but think baz has probably realised what a daft reply he posted,

To the original op we have a dog training place in the village I live in (Clapham) but don't know if it would do gun dog training, are you with basc a call to them may help they may know of somewhere else sure there are some on here who can help a bit more

Colin

To be fair ur 'normal' training classes can be quite good or can be poor. Really depends on the trainer, just like it does at gundog classes.

Ur probably late in the year for gundog classes with the shorter nites etc.

If u search the KC website it will list the KC registered clubs in ur area which may or may not run training classes.

At a very basic level wot u really need is a decent heel (on/off lead) and recall, stop is a massive added bonus. If u have those with the right training easy enough to add any extra skills, but quite important not to do too much too soon and don't expect to work the dog too much this season still young yet and many a decent dog has been riuned by doing too much too soon.

There is a massive ammount of working dogs that beast every sat have none of the above.

Is there no one from the beating lines where u beat that could help u or point u in right direction?

• 2 weeks later...