Trail cams, how long do you leave them?

Archie-fox

I do a lot of fox control, when I have a particular crafty customer I pin down some bait and don't touch my trail camera for 5-7 days (maximum battery time)

Two reasons for this...first of allot allows human scent to disappear and the natural habitat got back to its normal rhythm. Also this lets you build up a pattern...foxes are a creature of habbit. Sometimes you can even work out a dominant fox, and that helps with priority control.

The same I use for deer, just without the bait.

One thing to watch is make sure the camera points away from the sun....Iv learnt that mistake so many times

I change the card depending on what I'm after. If it's a troublesome fox I check early morning, swap the card with a clear one, home check what's on the card then usually ring up and tell the landowner I'll be there at whatever time.

If it's Munty then I could leave it for a week, no rush they don't kill the pheasants lol

Sometimes I'll check the card when I get back to the truck in a camera.

Until you walk there lol

Yup. Seriously, I seem to be the only person ever recorded on there.

Really rural North Wales. Nearest town is 10 miles away. A few houses and farms in the area, but nothing much.

I ran the camera in the woods for 5 weeks after the end of last season. In all that time, it recorded me, a few birds, and the occasional squirrel.