North Wales Shooting School

Ricko

Always liked this ground, used to live not too far away from it.

Called in today with my teenage son for a safety lesson for him. Then shot a variety of English Sporting with a variety of guns.

Lovely day out, he shot well for his first time.

Great staff, very friendly.

Well recommended.

Thanks - it has saved me a wasted journey.

That's really ridiculous, you know. You yourself state that you haven't been there for 30 years, and then, when told that the same family (Jones, went from farming into farm equipment, specifically balers) are still running it, you automatically assume it's going to be exactly as it was 30 years ago.

I suggest the 'problem' is more with you than anything else. Utterly ridiculous.

I suggest the 'problem' is more with you than anything else. Utterly ridiculous.

robbiep - perhaps you should think before making stupid comments. I was a keen skeet shooter and was shooting a 100 competition at the ground, many years ago. I was on my third round when a pompous idiot came across and told me he didn't like the shells I was using. I pointed out that they were factory loads - as per CPSA rules - and asked what the problem was. He said "We don't like them".

He persisted and I said I would cease shooting, if he gave a full refund. I got a full refund, as did the friends I was shooting with. I didn't like his attitude and we were in the middle of a competition.

Leaving aside his crass actions, he clearly didn't know the CPSA rules and should not have been running competitions.

I have heard comments which suggest little has changed - see evo's post.

I was also under the impression that the Jones's were still running things there and in fact they may still may be.

However, I was chatting with a gent from very close to the farm and he mentioned that old man Jones had moved out to foreign climbs many years ago. The sons ran it for a while and then someone new took over and have ran it for many years since. How true any of that is I don't know.

I haven't shot there much, but in the 20 ish years I've been shooting, the ground hasn't change much and last time I shot there it was looking at little rundown and neglected. That being said, I didn't get a single no bird out of the 100 or so that I shot at.

The shop has improved over recent years with a great range of shooting equipment on offer.

The ground is still owned by the Jones family at present, as it is for sale, It has been run by a manager for a good number of years now, as Justin and Guy have both moved abroad, Alan passed away a while back, and his brother Noel pops in now and again to see whats happening.

Been shooting there since the early 80's, never had a problem with them at all, but we have been involved with them since the 50's selling there balers.

A nice family and a super ground, as said previous, wish they still ran comps, The Rolex was one of the best run comps in this country.

Its a lot cheaper to shoot at than lots of grounds, and its nice to be able to shoot anytime of year without having to dig the wellies out....

The ground is still owned by the Jones family at present, as it is for sale, It has been run by a manager for a good number of years now, as Justin and Guy have both moved abroad, Alan passed away a while back, and his brother Noel pops in now and again to see whats happening.

Been shooting there since the early 80's, never had a problem with them at all, but we have been involved with them since the 50's selling there balers.

A nice family and a super ground, as said previous, wish they still ran comps, The Rolex was one of the best run comps in this country.

Its a lot cheaper to shoot at than lots of grounds, and its nice to be able to shoot anytime of year without having to dig the wellies out....

I'd say the Rolex British OT Grand Prix was the best competition in the UK. So much so there was a long list of top foreign trap shooters come to try and win it. A sad day in 1997 when Alan Jones announced at the prize giving it was the final one. Luckily I won a Rolex that year😊

I'd say the Rolex British OT Grand Prix was the best competition in the UK. So much so there was a long list of top foreign trap shooters come to try and win it. A sad day in 1997 when Alan Jones announced at the prize giving it was the final one. Luckily I won a Rolex that year

so you missed out on the range rover the year before :lol: