Ppu

Cheap for a reason! Quality costs in everything in life.

I used them in various calibres and found they didn't expand well.

Never found any problem with them not expanding well, as for being cheap nothing wrong with that if it works well which it has always done for me, although there has been reports of hard primers in some 22 hornet rounds but i think that was just in the states. I have used hornady and remington in my 270 and they would not group well at all even at 150 yds, thought it was me but my stalking mate couldn't group well with them either, also found it to be very clean not leaving much residue at all. As said some rifles like it some don't you pay your money and take your chances.

Atb Scobydog

Fair enough dodeer, last ones i used were on Roe and the exit wound was @ size of a tennis ball, also used on foxes @ 250 yds and did a great job. How did you get on with them Bullet 1747.

S

They was fine for me didn't have to adjust sights and hit targets at 100 and 150 yards so I'll have to buy some more next week end

Cheers for replys keep safe and shoot straight

Spoke to kranks about this very subject yesterday.

PPU did not export to the US until this year.........

As a result kranks are not receiving the amount they were.

I would expect PPU bullets to get rare now.

I don't know if that's totally correct, PPU and S&B are well known brands in the states and very popular on the budget mail order ammo websites. So although they may not have been exporting it themselves it has been finding its way there in quantity for some time.

I know because the .303 / Lee Enfield websites, which have a big following in the US, have rated PPU as the best .303 ammo available for quite a few years now. Lots of yanks refer to using PPU. and I have spoken to them about the prices over there.

• 4 months later...

I've used them for years, in my browning A bolts,

No problems here, it's all I buy,

Flynny

I get my 8x60 ppu brass from the US as we can't get it here have done for 4-5 years now.

Can you get me some more 308 Daf for the PW weekend please, soft points for stalking???

Flynny

I bought 40 rnds for my first 243, was a put off by the different reports they made and they did not group well, this is quite a few years ago and at the time a lot of others had problems with them. I started reloading shortly after that as the 243 only really liked RWS and it was a bit pricey, not shot a factory rnd ( oh apart from rimfire ammo ) since. If it works then it works.