any caravaners out there

viking

Average is about £40/month - slightly less if you pay yearly in advance. As for parking on your drive you might want to check the deeds to your property and local Council byelaws - often it is not allowed. £12k for a 2 berth!! you will lose half the value in 2-3 years and be unable to have your brethren over to stay. I would also really question the advantage of a big bog/shower - 99.9% of sites have facilities a million times better than your van and they're free - if you get caught short in the wee hours then water the grass behind your van - in 15 years of caravanning we have not used the bog once although I do love to watch the dutiful husbands dragging their wheeled cassettes of effluence to the disposal point every morning - and that's not to mention the smell in the van or the buying of poo melting chemicals :no:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average is about £40/month - slightly less if you pay yearly in advance. As for parking on your drive you might want to check the deeds to your property and local Council byelaws - often it is not allowed. £12k if you get caught short in the wee hours then water the grass behind your van - in 15 years of caravanning we have not used the bog once although I do love to watch the dutiful husbands dragging their wheeled cassettes of effluence to the disposal point every morning - and that's not to mention the smell in the van or the buying of poo melting chemicals :no:

Yep, can't beat watching the people doing the walk of shame in the morning.

Look around for the some van on sites like ebay ,caravan treader,freeads so on,I'm with Bruno on the toilet shower thing 20+ years and we have never used shower in van and the wife only uses the toilet if she get count short at night ,dishwashing,and the 3s all done on site facility's that's what you pay for and the and the toilet shower area all ways looks like New when you sell van on,as for 2 berths we went to a 2 berth lasted a season you'll be surprised how putting that bed up and bloody down every day will get on your nerves put beding away,pull it out,put it away again

You get up early wife still in bed were do you sit she's sleeping on the seats.I think your first choice with double dinette or fixed is better as Bruno says if you have family or friends do an overnight you have a second bed for them,but that's my opinion Viking other will have there own

You can get a lot of van for £12000.our current van is a compass rallye 550 fixed island bed 5yr old with everything you needed £9980 private an older couple giving up thro health probs.there out there just got to be patient mate

Edited by postie

£5 a week,it's outside storage (we use a cover) cctv and the place is a storage and site with a lake aswell

We pay quarterly,from using it first time there is always some body staying on there as it's an all year round site,not residential use

It's set back half a mile behind the owners house,to be fair we do use it a lot for cheeky quick weekends ,£10 a night +electric( tokens)

He's never had one go missing yet or broken into,if you drove past you wouldn't even know it was there apart from the sign

There are some storage places out there with all the bells and whistles and a price to match,which the odd person has complained there too packed in and have to have a pre set time to pick up and drop off

Quite lucky where I have mine as we're not tied to times via pre warning the owner

Go have a look at storage places you will know when you fined the right one

right you *******, you have me all confused about what i want again. i think the main thing i want was a decent size bed, as i cant do with being couped up in bed, i do like the idea of a fixed bed though, seems there are 2 sorts from what i saw, all had smaller bathrooms, but as said it probably wont get much use so thats not a problem.

post-9513-0-53273900-1474233131_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-74758900-1474233140_thumb.jpg

The better one is the walk around irland bed I think.thats the one I have .the other one on the side I found if the person on inside gets up for something they have to climb over the one on out side which is not such a bad thing if the missus is doing the climbing over 😉

I simply don't get the idea of a fixed bed - takes up too much room that could be used all day rather than for an evenings jiggy jiggy - the cushions on most seats are well thick - thicker than your mattress at home in most cases and well comfy. If a memory foam mattress and a palatial shower/bog are your idea of heaven then you need a Hotel and not a caravan-Glamping is only a TV and a Microwave away.

just told er in doors were going to start off with this and see how we go :lol::lol:

anyone like to hazard a guess to what she said to that idea :oops::oops:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-caravan-classic-caravan-1968-ASTRAL-SCOUT-4-BERTH-9ft-2in-BODY-LENGTH-/112129834578?hash=item1a1b757e52:g:DKQAAOSwYIxX3nHG

72 people watching - those vintage things are quite popular.

I simply don't get the idea of a fixed bed - takes up too much room that could be used all day rather than for an evenings jiggy jiggy - the cushions on most seats are well thick - thicker than your mattress at home in most cases and well comfy. If a memory foam mattress and a palatial shower/bog are your idea of heaven then you need a Hotel and not a caravan-Glamping is only a TV and a Microwave away.

i don't understand what you need so much room in your caravan for its supposed to be to enjoy so sitting down reading,a base to go about seeing the area your staying in and as much jiggy jiggy as you can get in so the room the fixed bed takes up is well worth it ,asking the wife to help put the bed down so we can have some jiggy jiggy takes the edge of it a bit 😉 and there's loads of storage under bed anyway Edited by postie

Just bought our first....ditched the idea of a caravan and went for a folding camper instead as I do love canvas. Half caravan / half tent with heating, hot water and a 3 way fridge....ah the luxuries.

Bought it privatly from a lovely couple who threw everything needed in, saving us loads. It's a 2007 Pennine Pullman 535.

Edited by Livefast123

Check the deeds of your house if its reasonably new...since about 2000 on many new residential developments the purchaser of the property may be covenanted to the developer and other residents in perpetuity, not to have caravans, campers, commercials, Agricultural vehicles or any sort of trailer on any part of the development.

I've dealt with quite a few cases of this in recent years and the Covenants are generally upheld if there is a complaint.

The last one a year ago the poor bloke bought a 20k caravan and put it on his drive and the neighbours complained ...he sold it at a 4k loss only 12 weeks later rather than buy out the neighbours .

Worth checking unless you can store it somewhere reasonably close and at sensible cost.

i have quite a big house on the main road, but since the bypass was built years ago its a quiet road, and i have a large drive around drive, probably get 10-12 cars on it if i wanted, it probably wouldnt even be seen if i parked it round the back, but it would be in the way and probably block the drive off, there is a place 2 mile away that want £205 for 6 month, id rather pay that than have it in the way :good::good:

We often have 4 people in our Van and a fixed bed is just not practical - as for setting up a bed taking the edge of the other half's carnal desires I'm a little concerned that you are not worth a 20 second wait :innocent: besides there is normally plenty of countyside around where you can get wriggly - but avoid public footpaths as dog walkers can be surprisingly quiet as they approach :whistling: