What air rifle

Jamesrb90

Hello all

I'm hoping to get rid of a few rats and mice that are causing problems in our feed room on horse Yard.

Any recommendations on what rifle to buy ect

And any tips from anyone would be appreciated

James

hello, i presume you do not want to go to the trouble of a going PCP require the pump or air tank, check out reviews on a hatsan 900X in .22 a hawke scope 40/50 mm front lens very suitable for springers, a set of decent mounts. a TR 20/38 red torch kit from ludicrous lumins with scope mounted 8 clamp from same company. the 900 does come with a silencer of sorts. less than £200 for complete set up, give 22 superdome pellet a try as usual ok in hatsans. your local air rifle should have one to view most sell between £80/£100 good luck

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

A good quality 2nd hand springer setup will hold its price if you need to get rid in the future.

Leave the lights on for a few days and you won't need owt but the gun and scope.

A HW or AA will see you right and a adjustable oa scope at 6x40 or thereabouts, look on guntrader there are plenty.

Thank you both for your replies

I honesty have not a clue on air rifles but iv gone away and found a hatson 900x 22 breaker with a bra 4 x 23 scope

Is this Any good? For £75

And also a smk 19 .22 breaker with a nikko sterling 4x32 scope

For £65

Will these rifles kill a rat?

Sorry for my newbie ways

Many thanks

Thank you both for your replies

I honesty have not a clue on air rifles but iv gone away and found a hatson 900x 22 breaker with a bra 4 x 23 scope

Is this Any good? For £75

And also a smk 19 .22 breaker with a nikko sterling 4x32 scope

For £65

Will these rifles kill a rat?

Sorry for my newbie ways

Many thanks

hello, i would go for the hatsan it would be worth paying a bit extra and get a 40/50mm front lens scope but must be suitable for springers like a Hawke might need higher mounts? , you will get a better view through the 40/50mm lens for ratting dusk and night, tin of superdomes/ red torch as mentioned and your set up, most definitely kill rats as 11/11.5 ft llb power out to 30/40 yards if a good shot, zero to 20/25 yards depending on average distance the rats are. shorter/longer range you can judge on scope hold over/under, note always try with a good back stop in case pellet off shoots, plenty of videos on Utube shooting rats, i have shot 1000s of rats over many years in a stable yard and friends farms starting with an old springer now a modern multi shot PCP, in .22 with night vision, so once you get the hang of it a good job done.

Edited by oldypigeonpopper