Treat me gently....

ditchman

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one of these as my first airgun...... purchased second hand from the local gunshop with my paperound money!!

Its probably still sat in the farmers workshop in the coverall locker after the cocking lever split where the rear pin holds in the arm...... i think he felt guilty after trying to weld it for me but it meant the lever wouldnt lock shut - he lent us his shotgun and that was that!!

It did 'twang' though, but not as bad as my mates Tracker!

and what is that when it is at home ?

It stops the lever closing on your hand while you are loading the pellet. Usually when you pull the lever back it will lock or engage the spring in a lock and you have to release some sort of safety device to allow you to return the lever or to take the pressure off the lever after you have returned it manually.

Bears with an air rifle? Are you sure........

But only if it is a .22 according to the General Licence.

As you draw the side lever back you will hear a sound like a ratchet - that's the anti bear trap.

you are quite right.........i assembled the trigger this morning...and what was left over was the pin and o ring which went in the hole nearest to the "bears trap to act as support/rebound for the link that drops into the beartrap.....................the trigger was a hell of alot easier to put back together than take apart............

best way to get the chequering off ditch ,, is to use a poundland belt sander with 40 grade sandpaper,, does a great job, :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

on a serious note ,, work so far is looking good mate

atb Evo

not far off from what i did....had to be rough grade as i needed to reshape the stock...there were some very deep dings in the forstock on the sharp edges...so i rounded it all off....needed to get a fair bit off as to get to the untouched wood underneath.....took the chequering off...and reshaped as my hand are quite small...they fit round the pistol grip nicely now.....im making up a stain now ...quite dark then i will finish the sandinding off....and take it from there.....

got the grease ingreadiants yesterday so i will be assembling the metal work this morning...then wrap it up abd put to one side to work the stock and finish ...eventually with linseed oil............

(vilkings vents are on standby at the moment...i know how to do them now ..so thats not a problem anymore)

well in the sanded down pic i cans see chequering, but with the oil on i can, :hmm:

thats not oil its the varnish im stripping off.......the stock is all rough stripped now will post some pics later.......

pics loaded back to front..............you are good at that to :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by ditchman

Not the one where you asked your sister to load a pellet into the Tap and she went and spilled all your pellets down the sink? + If you put a dab of grease on the little cut outs on the piston it might stop it sounding like 2 skeletons bonking in a biscuit tin.

Edited by bruno22rf

well ere we are again.................getting back together again....used 3 different lubricants..

1. lithum grease for trigger parts and 2/3rds of piston(back part of) and all spring
  2. silicon for pressure seal and piston buffer
  3. my own mix/make of graphite grease which includes naptha which is for the pressure chamber and first part of the piston..( i also use this grease on my auto..it is slick as snot and light......

post-11401-0-20940800-1473518685_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-49959800-1473518696_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-89083000-1473518706_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-82080600-1473518720_thumb.jpg

well i put it together...and i dry fired it with the tap open so it would buffer the piston and burn off any oil residue's.....and that sounded fine ...trigger light and crisp with just a bit of creep which i like...i can adjust both to get what i like...it didnt go twang ..sort of a reasonable spring noise...so i thought i would put a pellet thro it..........

now bear in mind the last air rifle i owned was in the late 1960's..............................they ....to say the least have improved since then......

so i loaded it up...and thought...hhmmmm where is safe.....oh i know the shed wall its all wood and will imbed itself in it or bounce back and hit me in the gonads.........sooo aim (sort of)......GODTHUNK.........it went to my surprice straight thro the shed planks 2 of them....thro my hedge acrass the road and hit fat sarahs wall

..............JESUS CHRIST..................sum bloody weapon this is.....serious bit of kit...............so i will finish the stock and start looking for a nice 2nd hand scope which is a bit better than the one i have now....also think i will get some sling hooks and a sling.......im going to enjoy this....

post-11401-0-71786800-1473519365_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-32578400-1473519378_thumb.jpg