Optics advice

MITCHF

Can I ask why you went from Oakleys to Pilla?

Better lenses/better definition?

:shaun:

Sure, the prescription oakleys have a very limited choice of tints which shrinks every year.

After being give. A few sets of prescription pilla 580s to trial I was sold, vast selection of useful tints and they actually sit better on my face than the oakleys.

I too am astigmatic and got Ed Lyons to do all my optical work, local opticians don't know what they are doing I'm sad to say.

Sure, the prescription oakleys have a very limited choice of tints which shrinks every year.

After being give. A few sets of prescription pilla 580s to trial I was sold, vast selection of useful tints and they actually sit better on my face than the oakleys.

I too am astigmatic and got Ed Lyons to do all my optical work, local opticians don't know what they are doing I'm sad to say.

Cheers

:shaun:

In the past 18 months I found that my distance vision was getting a bit fuzzy but my reading ability was so much improved that I could now read the paper without my 2 1/2 strength reading glasses. Went and got checked out today. The lady was exceptionally helpful and gave a full check up and listened to my strange tale because I am now the wrong side of 76yrs when eye sight would be expected to start to decline but she said for my age my eye sight and eyes where in excellent condition but that for some reason I had started to go to the short sighted end of the spectrum but not such to worry about. I explained that I hunted and shot and she never blinked (pun not intended) and said she thought she could put a prescription set of lens together which I could use for my bird shooting and stalking where I needed that extra clarity at distance. Have now to wait seven days before they are ready to see if they do what the box or lady says. If she is correct then I can use them when needed and have no need to wear them full time. Ideal for decoying pigeons where often I don't pick up that low sliding bird coming in skimming the stubble until it's on me .... and frequently miss :-( It will be interesting wearing them when in a high seat or on a driven day to see if they are an encumbrance or not.

Any of you had that errrr perception test with the red dot and the button to press every time you see a green light/s. Heh! good fun, I could have played all day on that. Got all positives, which I was pleased about because my father had mild glaucoma which is hereditary.

Edited by Walker570