Insurance

Jamesrb90

It would be interesting to know if anyone ever actually had to claim on sporting insurance cover and how it went? From my experience Ccc3 is really good and you can do it online and print out the details and certificate immediately and as many copies as you want so you can carry a copy with you and if it gets worn you've got more copies. full cover for the year is only £30. This means that you can organise cover in a few minutes. You can ring them up and actually speak to somebody and get advice on application issues and revocation of certificates should this be necessary. I think that Clayman knows about it.

That's interesting psycho - name and shame + what if you don't have household insurance? Or how do they claim against a buildings and contents policy?

See section 4.4 of the above link post 4

Policy wording then

public liability policy

Then 4.4 title subregation

it's all in the fine print

Edited by psycho

Prove your allergation- can you - no...just a pointless childish jibe.

Last time CCC was on TV defending airguns was when?

Last time CCC were on radio defending airguns was when?

Last time CCC was in the papers defending airguns was when?

Last time CCC were in any of the UK parliaments or assembly's speaking up for airguns was when

Save a few quid and get cheap insurance, but who will moan loudest if more restrictions come in - those of you who cant be bothered to spend an extra 80p a week or so supporting your sport

Bit of a dig at us lot who aren't with basc? Not being funny thing but me for example, on a low wage. Rent to pay, car to run as doing approx 70 miles a day, dogs to feed, money to put for a mortgage. How much do you think I have left? Enough to buy a couple of box's of ammo... it's not I can't be bothered to pay the extra but the fact I don't really have the extra to spend.... I'm sure as hell it's not just me in this position.

Bit of a dig at us lot who aren't with basc? Not being funny thing but me for example, on a low wage. Rent to pay, car to run as doing approx 70 miles a day, dogs to feed, money to put for a mortgage. How much do you think I have left? Enough to buy a couple of box's of ammo... it's not I can't be bothered to pay the extra but the fact I don't really have the extra to spend.... I'm sure as hell it's not just me in this position.

Ccc is £30 basc is £7 a month for 10 months.

Let's just say I left ccc and joined basc.

Ccc etc put very little back. Ca, basc etc do. I don't care which, but I really believe that any shooter who cares about our sport should be with an organisation.

I have been with BASC for quite a number of years now and when I needed them they were there, attending meetings at the police station, spending hours helping my cause, all I can say is when the poo hits the fan will the cheap insurance company turn up ??? , I very much doubt it,,

BASC certainly will and they will also fight for your rights,, worth every single penny,

I certainly wont be going with any other org just to save a few quid,, false economy

If basc are fighting that hard for the interests of the shooter and gun holder then why is it that there is the length of waiting times for renewal of certificates? 6 > 8 > 12 months and more isn't acceptable. if basc had any influence over this and other things then things would be different. they have no more power than my granny over what happens. I and thousands of others went on one of the biggest protest marches in London protesting against the government of the days proposed curbs on hunting ect. did it make a jot of difference , NO. did they ban handguns , auto rifles and down graded pumps and autos to 3 shots Yes. What influence did basc have? basc was Wagbi and set up for wildfowlers. it was only last year when there was a thread on here where the was a big upset about wildfowling issues and recently there has been the incidents in the HQ and organisation. When i needed help in regard to a simple renewal / variation problem I was told that they didn't want to get involved and not to rock the boat. That was it for me. and the magazine. Box 13 / bin. All I see is an organisation that wants to sell credit cards and other tat at inflated prices behind a facade of being the voice of the shooter. I understand that this might mean that there is some sort of random meeting about every six months to consider the current situation. when did anyone ever see basc show what they had achieved this week or month of a substantive nature. spend the £40 in gun shops or clay grounds and support the gun traders and enjoy it because basc are going to enjoy it otherwise.

Edited by fortune

BASC is working with the police on licencing issues. Not all licencing authorities have delays only some and the number is dropping. We have delivered training to several of the authorities over the last year or so and its having an impact in those areas

Lists of what BASC delivers on a month by month basis is published each month on our website - no one else does this - its easy to say we don't do this that or the other but please take time to have a look before you accuse us of doing nothing but 'selling credit cards'

For example - yesterday we were live on TV defending airgunning and fighting your corner not to have more restrictions in place - that was on national daytime TV. Later that morning we were in the Westminster Hall debate that was looking into further security restrictions on airguns, we had briefed MP's and ministers before this debate and this as evident as BASC was specifically mentioned, we then debrief those that are looking into the issue

Earlier last week the briefing that and information that BASC gave FACE allowed FACE to fight off a world wide total ban on lead shot...

I could go on, but I fully accept that what ever I say there will be those that ignore it, or say its all rubbish...or worse ..or not enough...your choice.

Not often that I agree with fortune but on this occasion I do 100%. So BASC are fighting for Airgunners - not much use for our Scottish brethren? I had a similar experience over a licensing issue as fortune while I was a member of BASC and to be honest I may as well have contacted fortune's granny - not interested, or to be more accurate "we will get our Legal team to call you back" well, David, - bin waiting about 15 years now :unhappy: . On another note, and I don't blame BASC for this - my car was damaged several times while it had the BASC sticker proudly displayed.