What's your go to foxing Rifle

Patrol

Just out now on a lovely dry and a very little breeze of a night, just grassed two bootiful adult foxes with the 222, I'm in awe what this little rifle of mine is capable of, both of these over 200 yds according to the RF 210 and 220 odd yds out with the pulsar N870 and X850 IR on top

Happy bunny comes to mind.

Patrol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

243 until the estate took the deer 'in house' but too much gun just for fox so dropped to 223. My oppo was doing OK with his so I dropped again to a Hornet. I wasn't quite so sure until someone who doesn't post now gave me a tip. So I changed it for a single shot with a 1 in 14 twist and now use 50g SPSX. I think I've only shot one fox beyond 200 yards and now 175 is a rarity. With 2770 ft/sec/850 ft/lbs at the muzzle this is more than sufficient and when hit they stay hit. However, as is common in this corner of the country, the biggest field I shoot is 16 acres.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my favorite rifle of all time is my Sako 6ppc..its has benchrest accuracy and is as flat as a 22.250 with the 58 vmax i use..still got the same barrel on as when i bought it almost 20 years ago and can still shoot under half inch...ime actually not proud of how many foxes this has killed if you all know what i mean...

This thread's been a really interesting read. I started off on a .22/250 but it was a bit too much so a Remy 700 in .223 has been doing the job for a few years now - its got plenty of clout at sensible night time ranges, not too hot to damage the barrel and you can always get bullets for it. If I had to change I'd go for a .222 I reckon

.22lr for gardens

.22 wmr for bigger spots and small golf courses

.222 for bigger golf courses and farms - this is my go to rifle for the majority though

Just had a 6mm BR built for some longer range vermin and plinking.

exactly the same as your's only i just got a 204 for dedicated nv fox gun to go with the above 3 calibres

colin

.22lr for gardens

.22 wmr for bigger spots and small golf courses

.222 for bigger golf courses and farms - this is my go to rifle for the majority though

Just had a 6mm BR built for some longer range vermin and plinking.

...and as with the OP, it just shows people DON'T have a go to foxing Rifle if they have a few different bits of land, they have several!

:yes::good:

• 3 weeks later...