Zero new rifle

Jamesrb90

Hey all

Am I right thinking that I won't be able to zero my new hatson 900x untill I shoot at least a 100 pellets?

Reason I ask is iv set up a target at about 25 yards and nearly all shots are inconsistent. Shot about 50 pellets

I struggle to get the gun still altering the sights adjustments also.

Many thanks

James

Hey all

Am I right thinking that I won't be able to zero my new hatson 900x untill I shoot at least a 100 pellets?

Reason I ask is iv set up a target at about 25 yards and nearly all shots are inconsistent. Shot about 50 pellets

I struggle to get the gun still altering the sights adjustments also.

Many thanks

James

hello, the first lot of pellets will ease the rifle and make barrel perform better as i said before, if you have put the scope on according to instructions you have to try a few different makes to find best one, i think country way gun shop do sample packs, do the mounts have a lock stud ? you will always have flyers from any pellets. secret mole agent is the man on these hatsans to contact but any make springer getting a zero takes time eg testing pellets/ scope mounting and adjustment

Hello

There's no Lock studs on the scope it's self but there is a plate that sits behind the mount so I doesn't go backwards with vibration.

I'm using exact jumbo diabolo pellets

Hopefully secret mole agent will pop up

hello, you mean there is no stop stud on the mounts ? normal below scope block, if not the plate should suffice although you can get a mini rail block if required, if you look on ebay they should have sample packs, he is the chap to help,

A brand new gun I've always put a tin (500) through before serious zeroing. That gets everything bedded in nicely.

Once you're sure the scope isn't moving shoot 5 shots per target and adjust scope if needed after each 5 shot group.

When swapping pellets put around 20 pellets through before testing, this conditions the barrel to the pellets. Do aim at the centre for every shot, but don't adjust to rezero as your looking for a pellet that groups well, you can rezero once you've found the best pellet.