Lamp for rabbiting with a .22 lr

Adrianstruthers

Are LEDs as bright as a normal lamp, it looks like an expensive torch...

Funny, in a nice way,

All the years we walked round lamping with a heavy 12v , lead acid or gel battery, maybe in an old newspaper sack. The lamp could have been sourced from a local scrap yard, a spot light ripped off of a right off and modified swith and wooden handle.

But now you can fit a lamp that reaches as far in your jacket pocket, together with a spare battery. Amazing how times have changed.

Edited by Dougy

Historicaly i used a clulite clubman on my .22 lr for rabbiting the one with the work light on it, But with modern LED torches today i think you could make up a far more compact light cabable of typical .22lr lamping ranges.

I did see a LED torch on an AR15 type rifle on Predatormasters forum, Not sure what make the bracket was but it clamped on the scope was spring loaded on a slide you just clamped the torch in the bracket, and pulled it backwards the rear button swith touched a post in the rear of the bracket turning the light on or off. i thought it was a neat idea but sorry no idea where to buy one if i did i would get one, it offered a light self contained compact light ideal for rabbiting with a .22lr or air rifle etc.

As already said a T20 or T38 is plenty for what you want.

I would budget for two lamps, one for the rifle and one for spotting.

Two reasons, firstly safety as you don't want to be swinging the rifle all over the place looking of rabbits etc.

Secondly, your arms will get very tired doing the above.

Much easier to have the rifle over your shoulder while spotting with a lamp.

As already said a T20 or T38 is plenty for what you want.

I would budget for two lamps, one for the rifle and one for spotting.

Two reasons, firstly safety as you don't want to be swinging the rifle all over the place looking of rabbits etc.

Secondly, your arms will get very tired doing the above.

Much easier to have the rifle over your shoulder while spotting with a lamp.

Tip top advise on the second T torch, you dont want to be looking down the barrel even if the round isnt chambered.Joe public wont know that if they are looking from the other end.

Just bought a t20 with red led. Will say how I get on cheers folks.

Just bought a t20 with red led. Will say how I get on cheers folks.

hello, ok well how did you get on with the above, ???????????????????????????? hello, ok how did you get on with the above ???????????????????? :lol: serious though how are you finding it ???

Was out tonight and we'll impressed with the through of the torch, if I was to have any negatives it would be the three modes of brightness, I seem to be too bright or not bright enough. For the money great bit of kit. Even lamped a fox while I was out.

hello, for your range the middle beam would suffice and save battery life to. good luck