Just one of them flights...

strangford  wildfowler

Where nothing gooes right!!!!

Out this morning for flight and I was a mixed emotions from start to finish, but anything that could have went wrong did.

Started out promising with a mallard flying straight over, I couldn't get the gun up quick enough and he was gone, shout down to my da but he couldn't pick the bird up.

So from there on things started looking good I could hear a lot of ducks on out further in the bay, and as the light grew it erupted with mallard and teal, dad had a few cracking shots on a couple of really testing teal with the wind right up there backside, I on the other hand shot like a complete idiot, although I know where I was going wrong I was way behind them.

So for my next shot I knew I had to give that bit of extra lead, anyway looking out into the bay I could see a right few seagulls and other species of birds, but something caught my eye about the seagulls something looked funny about two of them and as they got closer I realised that they werent gulls but two greylag coming straight for me, so I quickly fumbled a couple of steel BBs into the chamber of the o/u and lined the shot up with that extra lead and the moment of truth and.......

Click, click the gun packed in and refused to fire!!

I was raging, and for the rest of the morning there was mallard and teal flying back and forward and the same thing kept happening, click, click

Not a good flight, although it was encouraging to see such numbers of wildfowl