Which flapper

Biggthepool05

I am after an old original (manual) Seamark one but no luck yet!!!

I had a couple of the WAGBI supplied Sid Semark flappers, which I bought in the '70's, but got rid of them once the battery operated versions came along.

I modified both of them by fitting a Fuji zero friction ring to the timber section but the damn string still used to break on many occasions, despite me using a no-stretch braided nylon. To be honest they were a pain in the rear end to use, the dogs were forever tripping over the string when out retrieving birds, and to an incoming pigeon the vigorous backwards and forwards motion of the right hand of the shooter must have looked like somebody jerking off inside the hide... :lol:

They are best consigned to the Fieldsports section of the Science Museum, and labelled, "Good in their day, but now obsolete thanks to a faster flapping battery operated version".

Cat.

Couldn't agree more, Cat.

I had two manual flappers. They were more hassle than they were worth.

Did you get rid?

If not and one was a Seamark one let me know, want to go back to my old school roots which worked for me.

I had a couple of the WAGBI supplied Sid Semark flappers, which I bought in the '70's, but got rid of them once the battery operated versions came along.

I modified both of them by fitting a Fuji zero friction ring to the timber section but the damn string still used to break on many occasions, despite me using a no-stretch braided nylon. To be honest they were a pain in the rear end to use, the dogs were forever tripping over the string when out retrieving birds, and to an incoming pigeon the vigorous backwards and forwards motion of the right hand of the shooter must have looked like somebody jerking off inside the hide... :lol:

They are best consigned to the Fieldsports section of the Science Museum, and labelled, "Good in their day, but now obsolete thanks to a faster flapping battery operated version".

Cat.

Still got them? If so let me know!!