speed limiter removal

digger

I've taken delivery of a 12 plate transit. went on the motor way on Sunday and it's limited to 70mph.

I have no issue with this, I'm aware of the national speed limit and that on A roads vans are limited to 60mph. however I'll be going to Poland at least twice a year and would like to be able to cruise at 90 through Germany. Any ideas how to remove the limiter ?

This is not as straight forward as it initially seems.

Some of the speed limiters are mandated due to the taxation class of the vehicle. (Econetics are in this class)

if its Non-Econetic, it should be doable via your Ford dealer, as long as its not a minibus.

If its Econetic, a dealer would not be able to remove it, and if you really want it done it will have to be an aftermarket solution.

Be aware in that situation the vehicle technically wouldn't comply to the lower tax bracket then.

Regards

I've taken delivery of a 12 plate transit. went on the motor way on Sunday and it's limited to 70mph.

I have no issue with this, I'm aware of the national speed limit and that on A roads vans are limited to 60mph. however I'll be going to Poland at least twice a year and would like to be able to cruise at 90 through Germany. Any ideas how to remove the limiter ?

I think you will find that on single carriageway Nat. Speed Limit 'A' roads, the limit is 50. Don't get booked thinking you can do 60! It's only car-derived vans that can do 60.

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Mike.