GREENER GP MK11

klatuveradanikto

Whilst at the Midland Game fair this weekend i bought a Greener GP MK11 Martini henry 12g, Always fancied one of theses , i like classic guns so one of theses has always interested me ,i think its the later webley model with the circlip pins .Did'nt realise the barell was removable just unscrew the slotted pin pull the ejector arm down and out it screws ,amazing . I totally stripped it, looked like it had'nt been cleaned in a long time ,was'nt to difficult to strip but tricky to re-assemble once done i now have the knack, so can't wait to shoot it ,but got things on next weekend so i'll have to wait for a couple of weeks ,if you have any tips or info pelase share i'm all ears , regards, ,Mark 20160918_145446.jpg20160918_145500.jpg20160918_145446.jpg20160918_124541.jpga1e1681f-2937-4bc2-98ef-bbf0f66f76fb.jpg

Cracking old 12 bore, purchased a secondhand one in the 60s for a fiver. Wish i had kept it.

I like the old stuff so this has a new forever home with me,by all accounts there becoming quite desirable now so who knows it may be a bit of a investment, but really bought it to shoot it ,like the thought of the single barrell challenge on the clays,

I love these and they are steeped in history worth doing a bit of research on the background to the gun and the company. There is something special about these old guns not only are they built better than many modern ones, its intriguing to ponder the journey that they have been through during their lives. Great to see one being given the tlc it needs I am sure you'll enjoy it and just think it will be in good condition for the next generation!

Haven't got one myself, I am still addicted to my Browning Auto-5's and have a growing collection but one day I may find room in a cabinet for a Greener...

I love these and they are steeped in history worth doing a bit of research on the background to the gun and the company. There is something special about these old guns not only are they built better than many modern ones, its intriguing to ponder the journey that they have been through during their lives. Great to see one being given the tlc it needs I am sure you'll enjoy it and just think it will be in good condition for the next generation!

Haven't got one myself, I am still addicted to my Browning Auto-5's and have a growing collection but one day I may find room in a cabinet for a Greener...

Fancy a original auto 5 to compliment my double automatic , I agree i have always wondered about the journeys these guns have been on ,i'm just the next chapter in there history. May have to get a bigger cabinet thanks for your response,regards, Mark.

Edited by klatuveradanikto

I picked one up at auction a couple of weeks back for £25 - sight unseen as bid live over the internet as always wanted one and as a "doer-upper". The action has a reddish-pink hue, not rusted other than some minor on the barrel at one point but looking forward to cleaning it up and taking the shine out of the woodwork.

Seems to shoot cleanly but has a kick!