GREENER GP MK11

klatuveradanikto

I like the old stuff so this has a new forever home with me,by all accounts there becoming quite desirable now so who knows it may be a bit of a investment, but really bought it to shoot it ,like the thought of the single barrell challenge on the clays,

It's always going to draw a crowd, all of us who grew up watching zulu, plus the youngsters who have never seen one and like the mechanism.

You can shoot pairs, if they're not too quick, just takes some practice to reload that quickly. The old big game hunter's trick of a shell between two fingers makes a difference.

Lovely looking gun, mine has a lot of checkering worn away and the screws have been removed by a series of clumsy gimps, latest of which is me, as the others have said, never seen one as undamaged. Nice

It's always going to draw a crowd, all of us who grew up watching zulu, plus the youngsters who have never seen one and like the mechanism.

You can shoot pairs, if they're not too quick, just takes some practice to reload that quickly. The old big game hunter's trick of a shell between two fingers makes a difference.

Lovely looking gun, mine has a lot of checkering worn away and the screws have been removed by a series of clumsy gimps, latest of which is me, as the others have said, never seen one as undamaged. Nice

Tanks for your info i was thinking about how fast a reload could be i guess its a case of trial and error and see what style works best. Did shoot a original .303, 30 odd years ago my father had a huge collection of sec 1 firearms ,owning a gun club there was'nt much we did'nt own or shoot at the time. By all accounts they kick like a mule so look forward to my first shoot with it next week.

Got given one of these a while back, mines not a mk11 any one know the difference?

Looking at pictures on web the difference seems to be the pins, the mk1 has half moon locking pins and the safety lever looks slightly different. The mk11 has a single slotted barrel screw and all other pins are held in with circlips,not sure if the internals are slightly different i think generally they were all the same?

I picked one up at auction a couple of weeks back for £25 - sight unseen as bid live over the internet as always wanted one and as a "doer-upper". The action has a reddish-pink hue, not rusted other than some minor on the barrel at one point but looking forward to cleaning it up and taking the shine out of the woodwork.

Seems to shoot cleanly but has a kick!

I have one and the action is almost copper coloured. I thought this was corrosion but apparently if the temperature is a little low when the blueing is done this is how they come out.

• 2 weeks later...

dosnt look like it has had a lot of use.............................in the late 60's and 70's a norfolk gunsmith bought up most of those single barrels greeners and were sold to the Indian police force where they are still in use today...

The Indian police use 14bore GP mk 111s, we gave them to them back in the days when riots were commonplace. The idea being that they used a special cartridge. Then if they get taken off the police during a riot the rioters can't get ammo

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/brit/greener-police-gun-e.html

Edited by Vince Green

• 1 month later...