Well and truly devastated :-/

WinchesterDave

Great news mate,soon be back on the road.Dont mod it as you just limit your selling market.Remember my fully modded blue one,****** to sell it on.Couldnt part ex it,insurance take this mic(if you can find one that'll touch it)Dont anyone mention Flux lol as they are a complete joke.I went back to a standard Jimny and just got my renewal through @ £196.00

Cheers mate :good: no I won't mod it, although Jimnys look good when modded well but insurance would be a nightmare anyway as would buying and installing everything - it's not really practical to be honest. We were discussing changing it at the start of next year for something a bit bigger it might get moved forward in light of the crash or we may keep it I am not sure yet - but right now I'm made up it'll be coming back to me.

Currently I'm driving a courtesy car... quite shocked by the fact it's a 65 Corsa SRI... it's a blooming nice little vehicle just taken it out for a spin.. cruise control, metal pedals, LED running lights, big touch screeen, leather wrapped red stitched steering wheel... it's nice but... I prefer 4x4s lol I know I'd get bored of a car like that haha so I'm looking forward to getting back in the Jimny!

Competence test for aged. OK when do you start ?

Having spent 28yrs professionally watching drivers perform and scraping up the blood and guts afterwards, I can tell you that any driver who is considered old and is a bad driver, has always been a bad driver, from day one. How many have you seen going on their hollies , driving down the middle lane of the motorway at 45mph with truckers tearing their hair out and they are only in their thirties or forties. Driving like that is as bad if not worse than travelling at 90mph down a clear motorway fast lane.

Personally my view is on three offences at any age, then an extended driving test should be taken and if that is not passed them license revoked until they have taken the equivalent of an advanced test. It is almost as good as having every car fitted with a twelve inch blade sticking out from the centre of the steering wheel. I know drivers in their eighties who are excellent drivers, I also know and have known drivers in their twenties and thirties who never should be allowed on the road. If we need to re pass a competence test, then yes, bring it in every five or ten years making each test that bit more stringent, the second and third tests to advanced standard.

Finally reduce the points system from 12 to 9 and no ifs, no buts, no weeping and wailing to the Judge, a twelve month minimum ban, and include creeping down the middle lane when the nearside is clear designated as an offence under that system.

I'm pleased your motor is repairable. They are a nice little motor.

Edited by Walker570

I am truly gutted, I've been to car crashes with my volunteering work I do but it's the first I've been involved in and it's a different feeling :( I can just see the lights coming right towards me, I was in shock but i stayed calm and strong for my girlfriend really who was massively shaken up.

I was guessing you volunteer for: British Red Cross / St. John Ambulance ? Either that or Police Special / Retained Fire Service ! I cant think of may other volunteer agency's that would be at an RTA / RTC.

ATB

Matt

With regards to the points system, I never understood why have a 12 point ban system because the minimum people get is 3 so why not just make it 1 point for speeding say and have a ban at 4 points.

I am seriously considering getting a dash cam and posting the vids on youtube. The latest pair of clowns were on Saturday where I was doing the limit for a van on a single carriageway when a Luton van decided I was going too slow and overtook on double solid white lines and said van was then followed by a bmw. ***

Good to hear that you are ok, cars can be rebuilt, humans can't always. Had the middle lane issue this morning driving down the M1

The other issue is those in lane 2 shooting down 3 car lengths, forcing themselves in and causing the whole lane to brake.

You should be able to buy it back, you should also be able to speak the the insurance assessor, most of who in my experience are remarkably candid re damage and repair costs.

Bear in mind if you buy it back and repair it, it will be registered as, probably, a Cat C write off so worth bog all on resale