Hw100 indexing problem

ratchers

After six months of enjoyable use my hw100 .20 has started playing up.

I first noticed that pellets were getting harder to put in the magazine and then I started having problems indexing the magazine, most of the time it would index fine and then one pellet would stick, on closer examination the probe is pushing against the rubber magazine band, it seems that the rubber band is tighter now than when I first had the rifle causing problems loading the pellets into the magazine and indexing the magazine, is this possible? anyone else had problems?

hmm. i have had similar with an air rifle in the past, but that was a bent pellet probe, so that could also be a possibility. Changing the magazine band is quick and cheap, so i'd just get some more and see if it fixes it. if it does, happy days. If not, they're always useful to have and it'd rule out one option :)

Edited by chrisjpainter

Ratchers.........I once dropped a HW100 magazine, on first inspection it seemed ok but it would not index. Could not even close the locking gate. Second check showed a slightly bent indexing indent on the magazine. Five seconds with a pair pliers and jobs a goodun.

Another thing I experienced happened when I bought some new mag O rings, they seemed a bit on the thick side OD wise and would not index. Changed back to the old one was ok.

Do you have a spare mag to try, 100's usually come with two.

Yeah I have got two magazines, they both have the same problem.

Went out shooting today but before I went I lubed the magazine rubber band and hey presto no problems.

So has the mag band contracted slightly to cause the problem? or were they slightly lubed before, seems to have worked for the moment.