Gun slips

Glenlivet

Thinking about a couple of new gunslips for Christmas. Has anyone got/used the Hamilton gun stands? I was also looking at the custom slips made by the Mad Cow workshop when we were at the Midland gf. These are £185 and would be the absolute maximum I would pay so Croots slips are out.

Any other suggestions for quality leather slips? The Johnshooter slips on eBay look interesting but I'd prefer to handle a leather slip before shelling out.

I've got a Hamilton gun stand. You may get the odd pi$$-take from your mates ("I didn't know we were playing golf today") but it is a really well made piece of kit, if a bit bulky. It certainly offers great protection for your gun being a rigid design. It's well under your budget too...not leather though if that's important to you. Recommended.

I've got a Hamilton gun stand. You may get the odd ****-take from your mates ("I didn't know we were playing golf today") but it is a really well made piece of kit, if a bit bulky. It certainly offers great protection for your gun being a rigid design. It's well under your budget too...not leather though if that's important to you. Recommended.

I've got a hamilton stand too I think it's great as well it does tend to get covered in coats at times

I have one too, I felt daft using it at first but the benefit I get when using my S/A are great. Take a few shots, place gun in stand, lift up and move on.

Thanks guys. I did read a poor review saying that they didn't wear well but your experiences contradict this. I might get one and see how it goes.

Have a look at the Marremano canvas and leather gun slips,I have just ordered a double slip for £140.00 online. Friends bought the same last year and split them not a sign of use or wear on either of them in over a year of use.

The only source I can find is the Sporting Lodge. Looks good and could be a contender.