Gun Watch

AYA No.2 sidelock

£2,100

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Mint Condition Hanwell, Greater London
Side by Side, 1/4 Choke, 1/2 Choke, 28" barrels
Img_3039 Img_3042 Img_3041

Description

This is a standard body No.2 sidekick LOP IS 14 "5/8 and whilst it is right handed the cast is very straight. I have probably put about 600 cartridges through this on both clays and driven game it is a cracking gun. It is steel proof but that is a moot point probably given chambers are 2 3/4". I bought this new from macavoy guns new in Oct 2013 so the warranty goes on to Oct 2018. All paperwork and packaging come with gun as new , unfortunately it comes in a manufacturers cardboard box . I am selling this because i haven't used it in a year and not planning to for the foreseeable future so better it goes to a home that will use it properly! . Any questions or if you want some more pictures please let me know. New this will set you back over £5k. Happy to RFD at buyers cost or face to face (in London or possibly Home Counties)

The seller of this gun doesn't appear to be a Pigeon Watch member, to contact them please use the details on Gun Watch.

Seen advert other year for a Gunmark Royale I should have bought, it had its original cardboard box and all the papers. This was a gun costing around a thousand pounds at time of being new roughly ten k todays money. Most new mid range AYA's are around the 5k mark a cardboard box is an insult.

A motorcase would be more acceptable.

Edited by figgy

I have posted a few times about the under estimated qualities of the Gunmark Royale, as figgy said the equivalent today would be quite costly - these were put together and finished by hand, a "Holland and Holland royal copy" either by Arietta or Garbi - I have a really nice one, with lovely wood. I bought it for £850 and use it regularly, a great game gun if you feed it the proper shells.