A few hours out with the ferrets.

pigeonblasterian

I wanted to try out some ferrets i was given earlier this year so i met up with Stuart to give them a run out.Two of them were young and had not been out before and one had done one season and i was told it was a good worker.The first holes we ferreted were in a hedgerow that was overgrown and we only set a few nets as there was too much rubbish about.We got five out of this hedgerow but decided to go and look at another place that we knew had holes that were easier to do.

We decided to shoot the rabbits as they bolted as this hedgerow had been cut and the grass along the bottom had been cut.Stuart managed to shoot one that bolted and three had to be dug as the ferrets were killing the rabbits underground.It had been raining lightly most of the time we were out but it started to come down heavier and after a while we packed up as it was getting worse.

We ended up with nine good rabbits i never saw a flea on any one of them.The ferrets all worked well and are going to get a lot more work as the rubbish dies back.

DSC_0133_zpsz2lw8emy.jpg