Yvonne of the Yukon

Benthejockey

This time last year the lovely Mrs Benthejockey bought me the Yukon from Scott country. Aside from looking down the garden I never got it mounted until last night. If you look at my post in guns and equipment I couldn't get the mounts and tube to fit on my long action 243 so on the HMR it went. I've just been a wander round a new permission for a play with it. I knocked over 5 rabbits in an hour mooching around. I learnt a valuable lesson...if you shoot two make sure you remember where the first one fell! So I picked up 4 and lost one. The furthest out to about 120 paces. All in all very chuffed with the evening. Now to get them cleaned up and in the fridge.

image_zps67katmva.jpeg

This time last year the lovely Mrs Benthejockey bought me the Yukon from Scott country. Aside from looking down the garden I never got it mounted until last night. If you look at my post in guns and equipment I couldn't get the mounts and tube to fit on my long action 243 so on the HMR it went. I've just been a wander round a new permission for a play with it. I knocked over 5 rabbits in an hour mooching around. I learnt a valuable lesson...if you shoot two make sure you remember where the first one fell! So I picked up 4 and lost one. The furthest out to about 120 paces. All in all very chuffed with the evening. Now to get them cleaned up and in the fridge.

image_zps67katmva.jpeg

The only issue I have with NV is finding where they fell no issues along a hedge line but out in the middle of a field can be a nightmare if the grass is a bit long