Hello from Australia

Boswell

Hi mate, I'm about an hour north of Melbourne, so central Victoria.

Thanks for all the welcomes boys.

Welcome. I get over now and again (4 years ago last time) and stay with family in Bacchus Marsh and Bendigo and a cousin had a motel at Nagambie.

Edited by r1steele

Welcome. I get over now and again (4 years ago last time) and stay with family in Bacchus Marsh and Bendigo and a cousin had a motel at Nagambie.

Well mate I'd be an hour from Bendigo and a bit less from Nagambie. I'm shooting at Seymour tomorrow which as you may remember is very close to Nagambie.

any photos ? I was over there for about a year, farming mostly, in the west, loved it

Sorry mate, no photos. I could have taken some because the place is looking great with all the rain we've had. I wouldn't have taken a photo of the scoreboard though because I had a shocker.

Gday matey.

G'day matey yourself.

Tell us about the rifles cals that you use and what the quarry is. What sort of shotgun / s do you use. I used to comunicate with a guy out in Aus that was a shark fisherman. He lived somewhere near Laureton . He and I were on another site that submerged and I lost contact with him.

Tell us about the rifles cals that you use and what the quarry is. What sort of shotgun / s do you use. I used to comunicate with a guy out in Aus that was a shark fisherman. He lived somewhere near Laureton . He and I were on another site that submerged and I lost contact with him.

So I started out as a kid chasing rabbits/foxes/kengaroos. I then started doing a few trips up to NSW and Queensland each year after pigs and goats. I've also done a few Northern Territory trips after pigs and buffalo.

About 15 years ago I started hunting deer pretty seriously. In Victoria we've got Sambar, Red, Fallow and Hog with the odd Chital and Rusa.

Two years ago I started shooting Field and Game which is Australian Simulated Field. It's like your Sporting Clays or English Sporting. I've become massively addicted to it and shoot comps about 3 or 4 times a month. Through F&G I've gotten in with a great crew of blokes and with them I'm hunting duck and quail. We also take 4 driven pheasant days per year and do a few walk-up days on partridge and pheasant.

In terms of guns I'm shooting a Kemen KM4 32" sporter. When I started on the clays I bought a 725 32" sporter then went to the Kemen.

As a bit of a gun whore I've had at least one of; 22, 17hmr, 223, 22-250, 243, 6mmXC, 270, 7mm wsm, 30-06, 300wsm, 300wm, 325wsm, 338NM, 9.3x62, 375H&H. Bloody hell, that's pretty bad now I actually list them!!