Shooting the solway

wildfowler.250

Just looking for some general advice/opinions really. I have a friend located in Lockerbie and one that's got a place in Dumfries and Galloway. I half thought as a one off, I could maybe attempt to shoot the solway for one or two days using their place as a base.

My real questions are: how safe is the solway to shoot? I imagine it's a case of going out on the mud but dont want to get cut off by a tide coming round the back of me ect.

Are there any known car parks?

In truth I wouldn't care if I didn't get anything. I'm not new to fowling. Would just be keen to take advantage of being able to go out somewhere new; hopefully without dying!

Many thanks!

Cheers guys. Are there any permits that you would particularly recommend getting? Realistically the Scottish side would be as far as I would go. As I say, if I can get out on the mud and see the place I'll be happy. If I get near a duck that's a bonus. Not interested in blasting the place as some visitors tend to do.

Last i heard was that Kevin Yates was located in Lockerbie,he is well known for sorting permits and best access routes onto the merse....I am sure u could locate him and ask his advice,smashing fella,unfortunately the number i have for him is not being recognized so he must of changed it....atb DT.