Digweed burglar gets 12yrs

silver pigeon69

Not long enough,

Will be out in less than 6

:shaun:

I dont think that will be the case. He got at least 28 + 12 concurrent >>>>

A burglar must serve at least 28 years behind bars for the vicious murder of elderly businessman Roy Blackman at his Biddenden home.

Mechanic Mark Love, 38, was ALSO sentenced to 12 years - to run concurrently - for his part in a violent burglary a month before at the home of champion clay pigeon marksman George Digweed.

Edited by fortune

I dont think that will be the case. He got at least 28 + 12 concurrent >>>>

A burglar must serve at least 28 years behind bars for the vicious murder of elderly businessman Roy Blackman at his Biddenden home.

Mechanic Mark Love, 38, was ALSO sentenced to 12 years - to run concurrently - for his part in a violent burglary a month before at the home of champion clay pigeon marksman George Digweed.

That means a tariff of 28y the parole board will then assess him on yearly basis until they deem him fit for release, so in effect he's had nothing for the robbery and it won't effect him unless he had his murder conviction overturned

I have never understood 'concurrent' sentences. You do two crimes but effectively only get punished for one. What is the official logic behind them?

There's not enough prison spaces. Officially though if the bigger sentence gets overturned, they're then held on the other sentence. The criminal justice system is a joke I'm affraid.

The best sentence the courts had for serious crimes that they couldn't give more than a couple of years for originally was called ipp which then turned the sentence into a mini life sentence, it also had the lowest re-offending rate, it was then deemed against there human rights and scrapped, never mind the rights of their next potential victim hey, like I said criminal justice system a joke.

I have never understood 'concurrent' sentences. You do two crimes but effectively only get punished for one. What is the official logic behind them?

There's not enough prison spaces. Officially though if the bigger sentence gets overturned, they're then held on the other sentence. The criminal justice system is a joke I'm affraid.

+1, ludicrous.

I think that we should do what they do in the US sentence them to 999 years then even if they cut it down to 1/4 they ant never getting out.

One thing I did like about Michal Gove when he was in charge he wanted to build lots of new prisons and sell of the old ones to pay for it modern ones need lees staff and are cheeper to run so they say.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

I think that we should do what they do in the US sentence them to 999 years then even if they cut it down to 1/4 they ant never getting out.

One thing I did like about Michal Gove when he was in charge he wanted to build lots of new prisons and sell of the old ones to pay for it modern ones need lees staff and are cheeper to run so they say.

Dont even get me started on gove and reducing staff and cost, prisons need staff, or rather officers, all the nonsense about rehabilitation is a joke to, they could get rid of the programmes which would save a fortune. Back on topic, I'm glad they've got hold of the scum that robbed George

The best sentence the courts had for serious crimes that they couldn't give more than a couple of years for originally was called ipp which then turned the sentence into a mini life sentence, it also had the lowest re-offending rate, it was then deemed against there human rights and scrapped, never mind the rights of their next potential victim hey, like I said criminal justice system a joke.

I locked someone up for murder who ended up getting 6 years for manslaughter. The sentence was appealed and he got an IPP. He's still inside held under the IPP.

He'd been out of prison less than 1 day when he killed someone and GBH'd another and I caught up with him the morning after.

For cases such as these I'm all for capital punishment. I don't care whether anyone wants to describe it as state sponsored killings, revenge or whatever. The culprit is of no use to society and is an unwanted drain on resources; and certainly wont re-offend.

The only exception I would make to this is if life literally meant life; no ifs or buts; they're in 'til they die.

Dont even get me started on gove and reducing staff and cost, prisons need staff, or rather officers, all the nonsense about rehabilitation is a joke to, they could get rid of the programmes which would save a fortune. Back on topic, I'm glad they've got hold of the scum that robbed George

For cases such as these I'm all for capital punishment. I don't care whether anyone wants to describe it as state sponsored killings, revenge or whatever. The culprit is of no use to society and is an unwanted drain on resources; and certainly wont re-offend.

The only exception I would make to this is if life literally meant life; no ifs or buts; they're in 'til they die.

I hear what they say about prison being there to rehabilitate those inside but many are not rehabilitatable.

So, a "nice" rehabilitation attempt for the first time in, thereafter a nasty place that's there as a punishment, it's all that this class of person will understand. And yes, as a final resort, capital punishment for the worst cases, and, yes, I've heard all the arguments against.

I locked someone up for murder who ended up getting 6 years for manslaughter. The sentence was appealed and he got an IPP. He's still inside held under the IPP.

He'd been out of prison less than 1 day when he killed someone and GBH'd another and I caught up with him the morning after.

And as it stands today the judge would've been forced to give a sentence less than that as ipp can no longer be given, credit to you for removing dangerous scum from the street

I hear what they say about prison being there to rehabilitate those inside but many are not rehabilitatable.

So, a "nice" rehabilitation attempt for the first time in, thereafter a nasty place that's there as a punishment, it's all that this class of person will understand. And yes, as a final resort, capital punishment for the worst cases, and, yes, I've heard all the arguments against.

You wont get one from me. :good:

Edited by Scully

People tend to say that prisons should be there to punish people well look how good that works in the US they have or had a three strike system you just need to be cought three times doing something wrong like in the olden days steel three lofs of bread and you get banged up for the rest of your life.

They do say that a lot of people in our prisons should not be there as they have mental problems that could or should be treated.

if people do really bad stuff ok lock them up for life if people are on drugs what is the point they should be treated even given drugs on proscription much cheeper than letting them rob people and locking them up.

If they did this they could shut half or more of our prisons down think of the saving there but it seems that it is to much to expect people to look at things logically.

Shame George didn't have one of his guns to hand when they broke in... I doubt he would have missed. :)

Local rumour going round, is that the other gang member who was shot dead in a police stand off, was useing Digweeds gun/s in the stand off! So his guns did assist in an ironic way!!

People tend to say that prisons should be there to punish people well look how good that works in the US they have or had a three strike system you just need to be cought three times doing something wrong like in the olden days steel three lofs of bread and you get banged up for the rest of your life.

They do say that a lot of people in our prisons should not be there as they have mental problems that could or should be treated.

if people do really bad stuff ok lock them up for life if people are on drugs what is the point they should be treated even given drugs on proscription much cheeper than letting them rob people and locking them up.

If they did this they could shut half or more of our prisons down think of the saving there but it seems that it is to much to expect people to look at things logically.

It's true tuff prison doesn't change people,we did that in Victorian times, however the people who tell you thats why we need to'rehabilitate' them, what they fail to say is the re-offending rate is now even worse, trust me by the time offenders reach adulthood tge vast majority cant be helped and anyone who thinks they can change someone who doesn't want to is living in lefty fantasy land. Some of these people would sell their mother for a tenner for their next hit of smack.