Blackberry Vodka

bruno22rf

Got some going at the moment. As many blackberries as you can get in a bottle or jar a bit of sugar and fill up with vodka, and leave for a month or three. if after some thing to go in a hip flask just to sip on those cold days I ad a bit more sugar, you can ad more sugar at any time if you want it a bit sweeter. The better the vodka the better end results but even cheap vodka can be made better by leaving it longer.

Got some cherry vodka and beech leaf gin on the go as well beer.gif.pagespeed.ce.fMEqQ2RI_x.gif

Made some last year. Very nice it was too.

Half filled a 1L Kilner jar with fruit, then topped it off with vodka. Left it for about 3 months and then added a small amount of sugar (about 125g iirc). Shook it everyday for about a week and then left it alone for another couple of months.

I used the vodka Lidl sells. Can`t see the point in using anything expensive seeing as you`ll be covering the original taste with that of the berries.

Easiest way is to take your chosen fruit, I normally use raspberries.

Blitz them with any form of food procesor to a pulp.

Add to your chosen spirit, I normally use gin.

leave to allow all of the juices to leave the pulp (it will go white).

Now pour it through coffee filter papers to remove the pulp.

Dilute with sugar syrup to taste.

Pass round, it wont last long.

I have used most soft fruits with either schnapps , gin, vodka or even whisky and brandy. It all tends to make me light headed :-)

Blackberries are excellent. I have some of those old sweet jars with screw tops, about 2 inches of fruit in the bottom, double handful of sugar ... I use dark brown soft ... and then a couple of litres of vodka .... usually Aldi or Morrisons cheapest. Cherries(when the birds let me have a few), pears, plums(various), damsons, blackberries, sloes, figs, apricots, blackcurrants and blue berries, raspberries all work. Some add almonds and stuff but I keep it simple and on shoot day 'elevensies' there are never many dry glasses.

• 4 weeks later...