a/t tyres cant make my mind up

rabbiter

im loking to change the road tyres on my 2008 grand vitara auto,this is my 3rd GV,ive had insa rangers,and insa dakars on my previous GV"S,im looking at general grabber a/t"s at the moment but ive also seen a few other makes such as maxxis bravo"s and cooper discoverer at3,like I say cant make my mind up,i go off road onto fields that are sometimes muddy,and woodland tracks to reach some of my shooting points,i don't need anything as aggressive as the dakars,which incidentally were great,what are you guys using,any reccomendations?

did have muds on my last gv.fuel consumption dropped a bit,fuel consumption aint that great in my auto as it is without putting muds on that,i think at"s would keep me out of trouble for the amount of offroading id be doing,so i dont think ill be going with muds,but thanks for your reply mate

Yokohama geolandar? I have just put them on my hilux and so far so good, fairly cheap and no road noise. Towed 2t of water off road through some wet ruts no trouble in the summer

Friend of mine is pondering these on his Freelander but was worried about road noise,

So are they ok noise wise or a little noisier than standard, he has the standard road tyres that came with it oon at the moment

:shaun:

I have got a set of BF Goodrich AT K02's new pattern more aggressive than the standard AT's going on my Defender Wednesday,

Think thats what I went for - brilliant off road & quiter than normal tyres on road. I do lots on 600 mile same day journeys :(

Any reason you wouldn't go for the Insa Turbo Rangers again? I've just put some on my Freelander and so far I'm well impressed. Very quiet, not had a chance in mud yet but they look as though they'll handle it.

Think they might be a bit heavy on the diesel, I'll know better after another couple of tanks full.

to be honest the rangers were great but just looking for something different,who knows I might end up with them again,been looking at the ones mentioned by the guys on here,lots to choose from,im not concerned with road noise,the dakars I had had a great sound track,lol,its more fuel economy,i know itll suffer with at"s of any kind but don't want it to suffer too much haha

Friend of mine is pondering these on his Freelander but was worried about road noise,

So are they ok noise wise or a little noisier than standard, he has the standard road tyres that came with it oon at the moment

:shaun:

No more road noise than standard bridgestone, and about a million times the grip! They are geolandar at-s. Have had insa rangers in the past and can't even compare them, took 1 balancing weight rather than 10 for start and much less noise and vibration