Pick Up Tyres - Bridgestone Dueller H/T`s-Any Good?

crowdie2013

Treated myself in the summer to a 64plate Isuzu dmax utah- 1 previous owner, never been off-road or towed anything etc. Has done 20k on the original tyres Bridgestone Dueller H/T`s and there`s still loads of life in the tyres. Anyone have any experience of Bridgestone Duellers for light off road or in the snow and would they buy again? There a pretty decent tyre on the road and quiet but read **** reports for winter use and considering replacing for the winter and swap back in the spring. Live in the sticks in Scotland so there will be the odd day over the winter where I`ll need it to get through 1ft of snow as gritters don't come our way. The shoot Im on doesn't require much off road driving but don't want to look like a fanny when Im stuck in a few inch of snow in the car park!!

I have khumo kl71 road venture MT's on mine and they are by far the best tyre I've ever had they have chunky tread and last over 40000miles quiet on the road and I've never been stuck yet going through 1ft of thick mud, snow anything I'm yet to get stuck and they cost me 410quid all in fitted on 255/75/16

Just read the reviews online

I have Dueller H/T's on my Rav4.

Yeah, they aren't the best off road, but they have been faultless 'soft roading' and on snow covered roads. They perform much better as I expected, so I'm very happy with them, and will put them on again.

Just to add, these tyres came on the Rav - Im going into my 4th winter with these tyres. The fronts need changed soon and the backs are fine... I've done 25k miles on them!

Edited by Harry Callahan

Brilliant, I'm on my second D-max. Just rolling up to 60000 miles still original tyres. Probably change the front two before winter, but still easily Road legal. Excellent off road sand, rock and grass. Brilliant off road capabilities, especially in low range.

Brilliant, I'm on my second D-max. Just rolling up to 60000 miles still original tyres. Probably change the front two before winter, but still easily Road legal. Excellent off road sand, rock and grass. Brilliant off road capabilities, especially in low range.

What tyres have you on your D-max Fisheruk?

Spent an hour or so looking online and reading reviews and reckon I`ll just keep the Bridgestone Duellers on for now and save myself best part of £500. They arnt a cheap tyre (mid range) and actually have decent reviews generally so reckon they`ll do for over the winter and if theres a huge dump of snaw I`ll just put the fire on and crack open a nice red!!

Didnt someone on here mention about a Mitsubishi dealership with a mountain of duelers going cheap as everyone got them changed for decent all terrain tyres.

Last year i fitted some Falken Wildpeak All terrain tyres to my sorrento and would recommend them to anyone. Considerably cheaper than BFGs and IMO just as good.

Had them on a Ford Ranger Thunder very tail happy with no box on the back, Tried Genral Grabber at2's wore them out in short order. Fitted some Falken Land Air tyres cant remember the code as few different types,they were fantastic very quiet and gripped better than all the others i had tried.

As long as you got the round ones and not the square ones you should be ok people do say that the square ones can give you a bit of a bumpy ride. :whistling:

I did get a set of Genral Grabber ATs for my Vitara I did not keep it long enough to take it off road but the ride was much better than the old ones that was on it a mixed bunch that was why I changed them.

If I am planning to keep the car/truck I do like to have all of the tyres the same make and type I was a fool I should have kept the vitara but I wanted to get an X-Trail there is nothing wrong with X-Trails but they are not high enough to go off road for much more that going over flat fields we all do stupid things that we regret after its to late.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Had them on a Ford Ranger Thunder very tail happy with no box on the back, Tried Genral Grabber at2's wore them out in short order. Fitted some Falken Land Air tyres cant remember the code as few different types,they were fantastic very quiet and gripped better than all the others i had tried.

Must be your driving style at2's on my last l200 did 50 k and were still well legal when I sold it

Got dualers on my hilux came as standard I carry quite a bit of weight and they are carp on road and field when there is a slight bit of rain I honestly feel like I might not make it home I feel like I am a extra in the fast and furious as soon as I get the money together bfg at are going on

Edited by michufc