Dmax 2017

Cant hit them all

They will just stick a big turbo on it and it will still have plenty of power just be lighter. Better for off road. Not so good for towing. Its all emissions and safety etc now. Plus the pickups are now wanted more for the road. Most farmers or keepers use Gators or Polaris buggies.

It's the towing for me found the smaller engines your forever changing gear especially on any rises. Found this on a ssangyoung truck was only 2.0 and the vw amarok and the vw had on low range drive higher 4x4 truck in for off road work and pulling 2.5tons they didn't hope as.well as I expected

I moved forum Isuzu to ford ranger if your a towing man like my self the ford wins !

run transits tippers for main work and they will pull 2ton on the back and 2ton on the trailer with out much difference than when empty. Just rent / hire in 4x4 for off road work and when needing to go into wet n muddy places. And have to say the VW was not that good for a work tool melted the clutch in a new hilux in 2 hours. But yet the try the newer rangers

They all seem to be going with the smaller modified engines, Ive got a new Hilux 2.4 on order, I was going to wait for the bigger 2.8 engine model to come out but they say it may not be coming to the UK because of the EU emissions so it looks like they might all be heading down that route.