out tomorrow early start,

Cant hit them all

Yes gotup at 5.45 and was there by 6.45am but still no Duck to take home. The nearest they came to me must of been 200 yards away. 4th blank so far but not disheartened just enjoying it even with the heavy rain stayed out to just gone 10

Edited by Cant hit them all

Might try some decoys to get them in nearer if the blanking continues lol. No the weather didn't put me off as got some cheap neoprene waders of the famous auction and had my jacket on and hat so kept dry into I cam back to the truck and take them off was wet from sweat. Just ashame that you don't see many people about to pick there brains and if you do happen to see someone the there motor or on the sea wall they seem to be rather right lipped and not very chatty

Edited by Cant hit them all

Yes gotup at 5.45 and was there by 6.45am but still no Duck to take home. The nearest they came to me must of been 200 yards away. 4th blank so far but not disheartened just enjoying it even with the heavy rain stayed out to just gone 10

Am I correct in saying that you got to the marsh at 6:45am? I'd say you'd need to be there alot earlier. I was in position by half 5 on a marsh nearby and the duck were moving by 6am

Yes gotup at 5.45 and was there by 6.45am

5.45am you should have been settled in your chosen spot as Big Mat has already stated Bird's are moving.

I'm sorry to point out BUT turning up late is very frowned upon and will be getting you a chat !!!!!!

I did my best to explain by PM most successful wildfowlers are Loners and give NOTHING AWAY it's the case of getting out regular fact finding rather than hoping you are going to get instant success or experienced fowling partner off the Internet sorry if this comes across as Brutal but it's a Fact.

Plenty myself included will help/advice about Tides and weather and might point you to a easier part of the Marsh but again you and only you can find the spots to be

5.45am you should have been settled in your chosen spot as Big Mat has already stated Bird's are moving.

I'm sorry to point out BUT turning up late is very frowned upon and will be getting you a chat !!!!!!

I did my best to explain by PM most successful wildfowlers are Loners and give NOTHING AWAY it's the case of getting out regular fact finding rather than hoping you are going to get instant success or experienced fowling partner off the Internet sorry if this comes across as Brutal but it's a Fact.

Plenty myself included will help/advice about Tides and weather and might point you to a easier part of the Marsh but again you and only you can find the spots to be

will get out more early next time will be out on there by 6am the latest. But then again someone did turn up about 9.30am as we was heading off so guess I won't the only one late lol.

But my comment was about hi how are you had a good flight and it's like I'm speeking a foreign language. And it's not been like inturup there flight it's been on the sea wall or on the lane where you park the motors.

I have been offered by a experience wildfowler to take me out soon as the magic word birds turn up.

Tides not much of a problem I take 3 points and get there predictions from two website and my tide table and also weather conditions will push then higher.

will get out more early next time will be out on there by 6am the latest. But then again someone did turn up about 9.30am as we was heading off so guess I won't the only one late lol.

But my comment was about hi how are you had a good flight and it's like I'm speeking a foreign language. And it's not been like inturup there flight it's been on the sea wall or on the lane where you park the motors.

I have been offered by a experience wildfowler to take me out soon as the magic word birds turn up.

Tides not much of a problem I take 3 points and get there predictions from two website and my tide table and also weather conditions will push then higher.

I go for getting there between 5 and 5:30 at the moment, preferably closer to 5 depending on where i'm going. Especially with imminent arrival of the pinks.

Its far better to get abit earlier than it is to be late, you can soon get sat down and have a cupper or a snooze and get the best spot!

Think he means geese,

think the chap turning up at 9.30 may have been heading out to shoot the tide as I think it was a smallish later one.

As above and it may come this coming weekend think there are some good tides(not checked that yet )

I didn't say the tide ain't a problem I said not much of a problem and did said know about winds and weather conditions. Also the tide table is out by hight of tide in meters.but then again it do say predictions in the tide tables. And can't say the pink's are about as every Tom **** and harry be there to shoot

Think he means geese,

think the chap turning up at 9.30 may have been heading out to shoot the tide as I think it was a smallish later one.

As above and it may come this coming weekend think there are some good tides(not checked that yet )

yh high tide was around mid day

And can't say the pink's are about as every Tom **** and harry

You just have said the Magic Bird Word . I was fully aware as to what you was referring to it was my feeble attempt at trying to point out without saying DON'T go putting on the Internet what you are seeing etc as EVERYONE is fully aware of where you are talking about 👍 Edited by 6.5x55SE

Was a huge double skein of geese and a few stragglers heading east yesterday over the MI, very very high and talking. Have no knowledge of goose talk so don't know what they where, certainly not Canadas.

Estimated 2 to 3 hundred. At that height they must have been heading for the east coast somewhere. I'm no wildfowler, but the sound alone raises my spirits.

As Brad pointed out we are loners and we only need our dog(s) for company , something you should seriously consider if you are in it for the long haul as shooting a duck or goose in one thing and retrieving it is another.

I have spent 99 . 9% of my time fowling totally by myself and that's exactly how I like it , it has only been the last year or two I have taken the odd person with me purely as a thank you , or to give them a taste of what to look for and what to do when you find them .

As far as disclosing and naming places, that is a total no no and I have known the time I wouldn't fire at duck if people were on the same marsh for fear of disclosing a decent place , as I said in one of your first posts , treat this season as a learning curve and learn the habits of the fowl you are pursuing first, even if it mean leaving your gun at home and just take your binoculars .

One day it will all come together and you will post your success but it will take time , and for some beginners a lot of time .

You need to get out more Mat they have been got hurt and left for peaceful places with Marsh man.

NO MORE coming if you want to shoot Geese go NORTH then some more

You are right there Boyd , they must have told there mates somehow on the grapevine what a peaceful place this is now most of the visitors have gone home , as we are now seeing large numbers on a daily basis , although a lot of them could be the same ones that arrived last week that are now stretching there wings and seeking out the beet fields that had been lifted and having a good ole feed on the tops .

At the moment they are not causing to much trouble but some of the beet fields are going to be next years wheat and that's when a few of there numbers start going missing and the reception is a bit less inviting :yes: