Kwik-Fit ****

bruno22rf

If it actually needs changing, and its done correctly that's good as it absorbs moisture over time lowering its boiling point.

Not defending KF or motor inn, just brake fluid changes.

Jon (not a KF fan)

Sorry does Brake fluid boil.??.

Antifreeze lowers its boiling point after about 2/3 years,that then needs changing..

PS. Not trying to be funny,just I have never heard of brake fluid boiling.?.

Antifreeze lowers its boiling point after about 2/3 years,that then needs changing..

Brake fluid will overheat with heavy use (more so in the pipes nearest the brake cylinders/calipers at the wheel) also in the master cylinder, Brake fluid will absorb water over time which will lower the point at which this can occur as water will heat quicker than brake fluid.

Brake fluid will overheat with heavy use (more so in the pipes nearest the brake cylinders/calipers at the wheel) also in the master cylinder, Brake fluid will absorb water over time which will lower the point at which this can occur as water will heat quicker than brake fluid.

We Live and Learn,l did not know that.??.

Oh yes it does but not in the average family saloon. Constant very heavy breaking like you might get on say a track day or really pushing your luck hard on a winding mountain road can generate enough heat in the calipers to boil the fluid.

Not likely to happen on the school run unless you leave the handbrake on by mistake

Brake fluid should be changed around every 4 years according to the majority of manufacturers, in my ktm race bike I use dot5.1 fluid as it has a higher boiling point and still gets changed every meet of every few rides. A lad I know constantly boils his brakes because he doesn't know how to drive with using gears to slow him down :lol:

When I had my Discovery serviced at LR main dealers they said it needed new rear pads as they were down to 10%. They quoted £255. I went to KF and asked them to check they brakes and they also said the rear pads were down to to 10%. They quoted £125 so went with them. So I must be one of the few who weren't (or didn't think they were) ripped off.

When I had my Discovery serviced at LR main dealers they said it needed new rear pads as they were down to 10%. They quoted £255. I went to KF and asked them to check they brakes and they also said the rear pads were down to to 10%. They quoted £125 so went with them. So I must be one of the few who weren't (or didn't think they were) ripped off.

There are pad and there are pads. On the van I'm using at the moment the first set of pads on the front from new lasted 40,000 miles, the second set lasted 15,000

A neighbour went and had a tyre replaced and whilst there they suggested he have his suspension checked by them, "sure go ahead" he said and they duly did; recommending he have it all replaced as it was badly worn and dangerous "go ahead" he told them and they did. Replacing all for shocks and springs.

They then said that will be x pounds please and be produced a receipt for the work they had carried out not 2 weeks earlier at another branch

That's priceless! :D :D

Wife took her old Mazda sport in for an mot at KF when I was at work. Picked up,a message off her saying car had failed due to worn front tyres and they had replaced them at a cost of £250 ( Bridgestones). Told her to put the old tyres in the boot and bring them home.

Took the tyres to a vosa test station and they confirmed they were no where near worn. Quick call to the KF area manager who came to the house and they ended up refunding the £250 plus the cost of the mot, left the new tyres on the car and I then flogged the ones they took off as there was nothing the matter with them. At least **** Turpin wore a mask!

Stu

my mate has a 63 plate BMW x5. Cracking lump of metal. Failed it's first MOT on a worn tyre, BMW wanted £480 per corner. Same tyre, fitted, at kwik shaft came in at £285. Pirrelli so not a cheap budget version. He had four fitted no problem. Seems the trick is sorting it on line not wondering in like a lemming.

Many years ago there was an advertising jingle that went something like "You can't get quicker than a Kwik-fit fitter".

One of my Banffshire friends used to mis-quote this as "You can't swick quicker than a Kwik-Fit swicker".

If you are wondering about the meaning, ask any native of NE Scotland, or try a Google search for "swick" + "Doric".

Many years ago there was an advertising jingle that went something like "You can't get quicker than a Kwik-fit fitter".

One of my Banffshire friends used to mis-quote this as "You can't swick quicker than a Kwik-Fit swicker".

If you are wondering about the meaning, ask any native of NE Scotland, or try a Google search for "swick" + "Doric".

Round here they used to sing "You can't get thicker than a Kwik Fit Fitter"