Current advice on doctors fees

stumpy69

I received my renewal letter today. It says I have to forward an enclosed letter to my doctor myself and then states;

"It must be noted that your GP may charge for this service. This fee would be borne by you as the applicant in all cases".

Looking at my doctor surgery charges it says there is a £20 charge for shotgun renewal. Last thing I have heard is BASC say to refuse to pay the fees, is this still the case as the letter says;

"It must be noted that the Firearms Enquiry Officer will not attend and undertake the enquiry until this letter has been provided to your GP and a response received......."

I have not sent anything yet but just asking to pre-empt anything.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I received my renewal letter today. It says I have to forward an enclosed letter to my doctor myself and then states;

"It must be noted that your GP may charge for this service. This fee would be borne by you as the applicant in all cases".

Looking at my doctor surgery charges it says there is a £20 charge for shotgun renewal. Last thing I have heard is BASC say to refuse to pay the fees, is this still the case as the letter says;

"It must be noted that the Firearms Enquiry Officer will not attend and undertake the enquiry until this letter has been provided to your GP and a response received......."

Is this a standard renewal or do you have any medical issues that may impact on your renewal?

Current status is on the BASC web site, all parties Home Office, BMA, BASC agreed there would be no fee unless there was something in your medical records needed further investigation...the police contact your Doc, you do not pay a fee for this simple notification

Edited by David BASC

So now we know that all these meetings that went on are all a load of Tosh..

They out to be reported to the Area MP,and the PCC For your area..

They will point the finger in a different direction,so take it,?..

By what area right does he have to make his own rules up,,I would fight this to the end,,if it upsets him so what,??..

I would have a meeting with this jumped up little ×××, and get his **** kicked...

Do not stand for it,,And I hope everyone else would do the same,,I Would..

If you lie down on this you will all lose your tickets anyway..

Never believe people are doing it for you,it isn't happening..

So now we know that all these meetings that went on are all a load of Tosh..

They out to be reported to the Area MP,and the PCC For your area..

They will point the finger in a different direction,so take it,?..

By what area right does he have to make his own rules up,,I would fight this to the end,,if it upsets him so what,??..

I would have a meeting with this jumped up little ×××, and get his **** kicked...

Do not stand for it,,And I hope everyone else would do the same,,I Would..

If you lie down on this you will all lose your tickets anyway..

Never believe people are doing it for you,it isn't happening..

Don't stand for it and don't lie down on it????

Current status is on the BASC web site, all parties Home Office, BMA, BASC agreed there would be no fee unless there was something in your medical records needed further investigation...the police contact your Doc, you do not pay a fee for this simple notification

When you say the police contact the doc does that mean I do not have to forward the letter to the doc as instructed? The renewal letter says I have to do this part for them. I can scan and forward what I received if it helps.

So is it saying that the firearms officer will not deal with your renewal until doctor has responded to the letter you have sent to your doctor

I understood the police writes to all doctors to let them know that your FAC SGC is up for renewal

And if nothing is heard back in 21 days then all goes through

So is it saying that the firearms officer will not deal with your renewal until doctor has responded to the letter you have sent to your doctor

I understood the police writes to all doctors to let them know that your FAC SGC is up for renewal

And if nothing is heard back in 21 days then all goes through

That was the way I understood it but, It says I have to send this letter to my doc and pay the relevant fee plus "air weapon lisence" fee if required. The feo will contact me for renewal visit and collect renewal form/air weapon grant form during visit.

Edited by stumpy69

That was the way I understood it but, It says I have to send this letter to my doc and pay the relevant fee plus "air weapon lisence" fee if required. The feo will contact me for renewal visit and collect renewal form/air weapon grant form during visit.[/quoteair weapon fee do you have one on ticket what area are you under
That was the way I understood it but, It says I have to send this letter to my doc and pay the relevant fee plus "air weapon lisence" fee if required. The feo will contact me for renewal visit and collect renewal form/air weapon grant form during visit.[/quoteair weapon fee do you have one on ticket what area are you under

The feo don't collect form you have to send it in all filled out then feo contacts you

Different maybe but firearms legislation is UK/Westminster controlled so the GP thing should be the same.As I said police Scotland are insisting on hearing from GP's before proceding,don't know if the English forces are doing the same.

No They are Not,,And hopefully keep it in Scotland,,idiots..

And no you are not ruled by these measures from Scotland..

They have their OWN RULES..

Edited by subsonicnat

Are you saying that's their general policy? If so, do you know if they've stated that anywhere?

It came up on the stalking directory and I did a search and found police scotland's guidance which says without hearing from the GP nothing would be done,I believe Sacs are on it as are probably the other organisations but they seem to have dug in their heels.

From current police scotland guidance

GP failure to respond to police letter

6. If the GP does not respond to the Police letter, it cannot be assumed that there are no concerns. This may adversely impact on the applicant and could result in further contact by the applicant and/or by the Police firearms licensing departments because the Police will not have the clinical information they require to complete their checks.