new member, moving from Spain to good ole England !

chufas

Hello everyone..!! I have been watching this site for a long time, reading from the comments and discussions and trying to learn in the process, for a couple of years. I was living in the US up until May 2016, when I started a sabbatical-in between jobs kinda summer in Spain and now I am ready for some serious work, so I am moving to RINGWOOD, HAMPSHIRE, in the next couple of weeks ( I am a veterinary surgeon and the kind of work I am after is hard to find in my home country...). Anyhow, I am a long-time lover of almost all things shooting, specially wing shooting (doves, pigeons, ducks, etc) and I am a regular clay pigeon shooter, although I have also been known to do some venison chasing and eating. I am really looking forward to all the shooting adventures that England can offer and I have been salivating for years now, at the prospects of going after woodpigeons to start with. YouTube is a wonderful thing so I believe I have watched every possible little film on this, specially the ones from Digweed, and also plenty of episodes of Fieldsports TV. So, first things first, and a trip to the local police station to start the process of applying for a shotgun license is the plan as soon as I arrive. I did it when I lived in London for a year in 94-95 and I know that it takes some time, including the fitting of the gun safe etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to say HI and to get on with it, since there are plenty of friends to make and plenty of quarry to chase in the near future.

Cheers !

CHUFAS ;)

Hello everyone..!! I have been watching this site for a long time, reading from the comments and discussions and trying to learn in the process, for a couple of years. I was living in the US up until May 2016, when I started a sabbatical-in between jobs kinda summer in Spain and now I am ready for some serious work, so I am moving to RINGWOOD, HAMPSHIRE, in the next couple of weeks ( I am a veterinary surgeon and the kind of work I am after is hard to find in my home country...). Anyhow, I am a long-time lover of almost all things shooting, specially wing shooting (doves, pigeons, ducks, etc) and I am a regular clay pigeon shooter, although I have also been known to do some venison chasing and eating. I am really looking forward to all the shooting adventures that England can offer and I have been salivating for years now, at the prospects of going after woodpigeons to start with. YouTube is a wonderful thing so I believe I have watched every possible little film on this, specially the ones from Digweed, and also plenty of episodes of Fieldsports TV. So, first things first, and a trip to the local police station to start the process of applying for a shotgun license is the plan as soon as I arrive. I did it when I lived in London for a year in 94-95 and I know that it takes some time, including the fitting of the gun safe etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to say HI and to get on with it, since there are plenty of friends to make and plenty of quarry to chase in the near future.

Cheers !

CHUFAS ;)

Good name, i like horchata

Welcome.

YouTube is a wonderful thing so I believe I have watched every possible little film on this, specially the ones from Digweed, and also plenty of episodes of Fieldsports TV. So, first things first, and a trip to the local police station to start the process of applying for a shotgun license is the plan as soon as I arrive. I did it when I lived in London for a year in 94-95 and I know that it takes some time, including the fitting of the gun safe etc.

Try not to watch the fairy stories of Digweeds long range shooting on YouTube and fields ports tv ect. You'll get a warped idea of shooting in the UK. To get a Sgc here you have to have reason and somewhere to use the gun and two references/referee's to sign that they have known you for a period of time and that you aren't going to make a nuisance of your self or be a danger to the public. These are the first things to think about if you want to have a gun and shoot with it. Good luck with the planning and your move.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...