focus mk2 1.6 zetec 55 plate petrol manual clutch problem ?

kory1986

could someone tell me whats wrong i think my clutch is on its way out.

1. when pulling off in 1st gear the car shudders like your pulling off in 2 or 3 gear.

2. when selecting gear its feels stiff to get in to gear or it dont feel like it wants to select that gear (not always but most of the time)

3. ref above the car selects gear fine when traveling at lower speeds when the revs are down

4. biting point now feels higher than it did

5.sometimes i can hear the gears crunching when selecting like the clutch is not engaged this dose not happen a lot

6. car pulls off in all gears form stand still with just the clutch and no gas pedal this is whats got me confused

7. forgot in title cars done 68236 miles.

8. car feels like its vibrating more now when still

9. when changing down a gear the gears feel smooth like normal

10. with engine off the car goes in to gear normally like butter no stiffness at all if it was gear box wouldn't it be stiff with engine off also i cant image the car being able to change gear smoothly in low revs if it was the gear box as when im driving slow and change up quickly there is not a problem also if i take my time pulling off and i mean take my time going as slow as like it wont judder pulling off in first gear. i have now noticed that when i have the bonnet open and and press the gas pedal i can hear what can only be describe as a puff of air.

11. just notice that when i press the clutch in i can hear like a rattle/or like a hammer vibration sound

12. drove car to day and the gears felt normal what the hell is going on

would relly help if someone could tell me whats up with the car i think its the clutch but dont want to spend 200 odd pound on a new clutch if its not the clutch when its so near to xmas dont have the money to waste like that need to kinda no what it is fellas could really do with some answers.

Edited by kory1986

The clutch kit at europarts is about £175, so mr clutch sounds a good deal.

yes i seen for even cheaper you can get a clutch kit for 80 odd on euro carparts you most likely no this but if you order the part on line and select click and collect you get it for the online price but can pick the part up that hour so no waiting and cheaper price

Is the slave cylinder on that car part of the release bearing or is that just on st's

On the majority of ford's now, Concentric slave cylinder it's called

yes i seen for even cheaper you can get a clutch kit for 80 odd on euro carparts you most likely no this but if you order the part on line and select click and collect you get it for the online price but can pick the part up that hour so no waiting and cheaper price

Just make sure you get something decent quality wise. Also, I've heard a couple of times Mr clutch only replacing the clutch plate and nothing else... bear that in mind

update changed the rear gear box mount the gears are good now feel better than before also car feels tighter now still juddering pull of in first if i dont take it easy seems like the lose engine mount was not the only issue. i suspect that the lose mount have caused other problems so looks like will have to replace the clutch never just the cheap option is it.

son has just had his done.........bog standard focus 1600. Easy to identify it was a clutch problem, engine racing when accelerating in third for no significant increase in car speed. Some of the other symptoms you have described also.......but not all.

Anyhoos new clutch fitted including thrust bearing £230 from an independent garage we've used for years.

Car is fine now btw, 87.700 miles

son has just had his done.........bog standard focus 1600. Easy to identify it was a clutch problem, engine racing when accelerating in third for no significant increase in car speed. Some of the other symptoms you have described also.......but not all.

Anyhoos new clutch fitted including thrust bearing £230 from an independent garage we've used for years.

Car is fine now btw, 87.700 miles

thanks m8