dog in kennel/run

AberFowl

Apologies if this has already been asked before. Just curious to know...

How big is your dogs kennel /run?

How long does your dog spend in said kennel?

We have always had dogs in the house but I am wanting to have my new gundog out in a kennel rather than left in the house.

We have a large garden shed that is sat empty and unused, I was thinking of putting an insulated box in for the colder months with a bed in it and another bed just on the floor of the shed so the dog can have a choice of where it lays to sleep, a hole large enough for dog to easily walk in and out with an angled board to stop any cold winds/rain getting in.

Then add a secure mesh run for it to stretch its legs etc..but what size I am unsure.

Any help advice appreciated.

Mine is a 12L x 4W x 5 1/2H timber kennel with a 4x4 lined sleeping compartment with a drop hatch and an 8 x 4 roofed run. A lab and a little cocker share this. They are in there any length of time from a couple of hours to most of the day. They sleep indoors in cages in the kitchen and spend sometime in the house too.

Apologies if this has already been asked before. Just curious to know...

How big is your dogs kennel /run?

How long does your dog spend in said kennel?

We have always had dogs in the house but I am wanting to have my new gundog out in a kennel rather than left in the house.

We have a large garden shed that is sat empty and unused, I was thinking of putting an insulated box in for the colder months with a bed in it and another bed just on the floor of the shed so the dog can have a choice of where it lays to sleep, a hole large enough for dog to easily walk in and out with an angled board to stop any cold winds/rain getting in.

Then add a secure mesh run for it to stretch its legs etc..but what size I am unsure.

Any help advice appreciated.

Hi

I use a garden shed with pop out hole into a concrete run. Run is about 5.00m X 5.00m and on a slope so its on 2 levels. This design was just because of the slope but worked a real treat because dog only does his business on the lower level so makes cleaning easier. Have a raised box bed in the shed and a small plumbed trough (sheep trough)

Mines is out most of the working day but sleeps in the porch in the house. Any bedding that we put in his box ends up in the run chewed up but never chews a thing in the house. Seems happy enough :)