night vision scopes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest with you pretty much all the digital stuff is cheap tac.

It wouldn't be professional of me to talk about stuff out of turn. But you get what you pay for. Too many people are paying Vauxhall Corsa money and expecting Ferrari's

Not saying for the masses digital night vision isn't adequate but please leave all the bitching behind.

Horses for courses and al that

To be honest with you pretty much all the digital stuff is cheap tac.

It wouldn't be professional of me to talk about stuff out of turn. But you get what you pay for. Too many people are paying Vauxhall Corsa money and expecting Ferrari's

Not saying for the masses digital night vision isn't adequate but please leave all the bitching behind.

Horses for courses and al that

Eh? You sure this is posted in the correct thread? I cant see any bitching, just genuine opinions expressed :hmm:

Oh, by the way. even if you turn the GPS functions off, your photos are still marked for GPS within their metadata so can still be tracked by other techno bods when you are up in court.

Thats very strange, just checked some of my stills I've taken and it shows my location as 0; 0; 0; - I have GPS turned off - I agree its a pointless feature for me.

Regarding compass direction display, if anyone feels the small ticker tape on the top is in the way the HUD can be customised to just a x-hair and the compass and pitch / roll displays turned off (I find the roll display very useful at night with no close in visual aids to reference for vertical alignment, especially when shooting off a bonnet for example) .... It wont however disable the compass, this will still feed into the ballistic calculator to determine required adjustment of the x-hairs for wind deflection based on direction pointing (again can be turned off) I usually shoot with it off but tried it once one windy day and was surprised at how accurate it was.

Got me drone pro 15x time last week

Managed to get out and use it tonight.

2 fox one in the dusk and one in the dark. Both at around 13-150 yds (223)

This bit of kit is really the mutts nuts could easily see well out to 300 yard with the ir torch that came with it.

Need to knock up an external power pack for it though as the 123 batteries last for only 3-4 hours.

But what a clear crisp view you get, both day and night, also works as well with red light (just thought I'd see what a normal red led would look like)

Glad I took the plunge.

Will also have to devise a hood to cover lens if it starts to drizzle as with the filter off there is not a lot of cove from the rain.

But excellent bit of kit.

Got me drone pro 15x time last week

Managed to get out and use it tonight.

2 fox one in the dusk and one in the dark. Both at around 13-150 yds (223)

This bit of kit is really the mutts nuts could easily see well out to 300 yard with the ir torch that came with it.

Need to knock up an external power pack for it though as the 123 batteries last for only 3-4 hours.

But what a clear crisp view you get, both day and night, also works as well with red light (just thought I'd see what a normal red led would look like)

Glad I took the plunge.

Will also have to devise a hood to cover lens if it starts to drizzle as with the filter off there is not a lot of cove from the rain.

But excellent bit of kit.

Nice one mate, glad you like it. Plenty of jealousy out there now...including me :lol: Have a look at Fox Club in vermin control if you want to join the other nutters posting all things fox related :good: