Bald patch after operation ?

blasterjudd

My dog recently had a big operation however she is left with a bald patch about 2 inches diameter it's not on the operated area and top of her shoulder blade area which I think is from injections etc ??? My query is this normal ? And will it regrow ? Is there anything I can put on it to help the hair grow ?

I would add the vets know about it and had no real suggestions. Your thoughts and comments please.....

Thanks good idea but it's actually quite supple so hope your right and it soon grows back again......

quote name="loriusgarrulus" post="3147801" timestamp="1476451817"]

If the skin is dry on the bald patch, rub it with coconut oil to keep it supple. The hair should grow back. It sometimes takes a few months.

My dog recently had a big operation however she is left with a bald patch about 2 inches diameter it's not on the operated area and top of her shoulder blade area which I think is from injections etc ??? My query is this normal ? And will it regrow ? Is there anything I can put on it to help the hair grow ?

I would add the vets know about it and had no real suggestions. Your thoughts and comments please.....

Although it's not on the operated area Has the patch been shaved or has the hair fallen out?

Hi the hair actually fell out over a few days after the Op......

quote name="fortune" post="3147988" timestamp="1476475436"]

Although it's not on the operated area Has the patch been shaved or has the hair fallen out?

Then it won't be for monitoring, is it a perfect 'man made' square.

My concern would be a heat pad burn maybe, you got a pic?

Class it as a Badge of Honour..

Along with the scars from the time it ripped the skin on its back leg thigh on a piece of old galvanised tin and the time it got hooked up on a bit of barbed wire. Both were fair sized injuries but the spaniel took notice and would have carried on out in the field had I not withdrawn and gotten her home and treatment. Dogs are just tough as nails.

Along with the scars from the time it ripped the skin on its back leg thigh on a piece of old galvanised tin and the time it got hooked up on a bit of barbed wire. Both were fair sized injuries but the spaniel took notice and would have carried on out in the field had I not withdrawn and gotten her home and treatment. Dogs are just tough as nails.

Now that is a CLASS Working Dog..

All Badges of Honour in the Field..

Give the dog a hug from me..

Try this one on for size.... and she had to have the same again 2 months later.

In my case it has all regrow and you would hardly know. In this case hair falling out I would go back to the vet as it's obviously fallen out for a reason.

Edited by al4x