Mitsubishi PHEV

Wasabi

If its a private car dont waste your time and money. My step mum has one and it is averaging well under 40mpg and she charges hers up every night and normally at work during the day. The electric is better in the summer but in the winter with headlights and your heating on the range is terrible, i think in winter she gets around 10-15 miles on a charge. After that remember you have a 2.0 petrol lugging round a heavy 4x4.

Reliability wise it has been perfect but it is only 2.5 years old, i certainly wouldn't want one out of the warranty period as the amount of electronics is truly mid boggling.

She went for it because the company done a salary sacrifice scheme and got some government grant which made it a very good deal. They will not be getting another one as the deal is finished. A lot of people have them because of the very low company car tax.

Dont get me wrong its a good, comfortable car and makes sense as a company car but if you are buying it with you own money then i would forget it and just look at a conventional diesel 4x4. For similar money you can get a very nice and well specced Audi Q5 or discovery sport both of which are better cars all round.

Don't go for the Disco Sport - we have a few and reliability poor. We provide courtesy cars for JLR and there are some big issues across all the new models. A couple of new XFs had to have new engines. Even the £100k RR isn't without its issues. I've met some very unhappy owners including one old bag who thought I worked for Landrover and was the most obnoxious person I've met in the last 10-15 yrs. Having said all this our dealerships aren't helping: one forgot to put oil in a RR following its first service! £16,500 for a new engine. I met the owner (took her a new Disco) and to say she was unhappy was an understatement!!!