Question for Daystate owners

countryman

I have just been testing my new 303 style Wolverine only this one is the sub 12 in .177. I have had to wait a while for this un till they had the parts to build them.My question is are the Magazine a bit temperamental. Some times the pellet probe refuses to push the pellet out of the Mag into the gun, the accuracy is all so much better with the single shot tray, i am using jsb Exact Diabolo pellets. Any thoughts.

Thanks

Chris.

Some are, some aren't (sometimes) :D

Sometimes it's the pellet, though Exacts are normally fine.

I tend to load my magazines then tap the "front" face on the stock to make sure the pellets are all settled nicely in the right place. Too far back and they catch on the back face of the mag. Although that normally causes the mag not to rotate rather than the probe not going forward.

The other thing to check is that your magnet is still in the right place, holding the mag in properly.

Simon

have a couple of daystates, never had any problem with the magazines.

as above make sure the pellet is seated in the magazine properly, I find I have to push them in a bit to get them in properly, sometimes they do sit near the rear of the mag.

I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy between the magazine and single shot, but did have to try a lot of pellet brands before finding one I was happy with the group size.

I've ended up using H&N FTT in .177 airranger and .177 pulsar. also good were RWS superdome. they wouldn't group with anything JSB or airarms.

FAC .22 airwolf seems happy with airarms diablo field, or bisley magnum. got lucky with this and haven't needed to try anything else through it.

my airranger printed very poor groups until I tried the H&N, sounds similar to what you're experiencing, not a bad group then a few flyers which ruined it.

its settled down now, but was best part of a tin of pellets before I was happy with it.

strange as I've had air arms that have grouped straight out the box with airarms diablo's so I assumed the airranger would do the same, tried the H&N and superdomes in an act of desperation. airranger took quite a while to lead in.

my airranger printed very poor groups until I tried the H&N, sounds similar to what you're experiencing, not a bad group then a few flyers which ruined it.

its settled down now, but was best part of a tin of pellets before I was happy with it.

strange as I've had air arms that have grouped straight out the box with airarms diablo's so I assumed the airranger would do the same, tried the H&N and superdomes in an act of desperation. airranger took quite a while to lead in.

You may have a point there because with the first few mags i could not zero the Gun at all, it did settle after a 100 shots or so but i am not quite happy with it at the moment compared to my other rifles. Hopefully the H&N and more shots through it will sort things out.

Thanks

Chris